My cousin died yesterday.

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest social family

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

He was 43, just a few months older than me. His kidneys failed him when he was just 15 and he'd been on dialysis ever since. A couple of transplants had failed in the early years and his body deteriorated after that. He also suffered from Crohn's disease and other conditions which at times led him into despair.

There were several times when he almost died but he beat it each time. When he was about 30 he got baptised (JW). I can't blame him for wanting some hope and a better future to look forward to but he did get disillusioned with the faith and after a lot of soul searching decided to take transfusions to stay alive.

George was happy much of the time. He loved his old school rock; Rush, Slade (he was a Brummie) and especially Status Quo. As kids we used to play all day in our pyjamas, fighting laughing and headbanging like the complete nutcases we were.

I'm going to miss you George. Love you man enjoy the peace.

Roll over, lay down.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about George. 43 is awfully young to die - but he's now free of all suffering.

My thoughts are with you.

Ian

• avishai
    avishai

((((nicolau)))

• JK666
    JK666

(((((((((((((((((((((((nic))))))))))))))))))))))))

My condolences on the loss of your cousin George.

alt

John

• Tatiana
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just a reminder to all to at least give a thought to organ donation.

You could save a life.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcPfgnZudU&feature=PlayList&p=CD39D241192660CC&index=0 (for George)

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear of your loss, nic. We are going to a funeral today, the father of a good friend. A good man, father, husband. I can't imagine that God has condemned him to eternal destruction which is what the WTS taught for many years. Now they give nonjws an out if they die before BTG is destroyed. Makes me wonder if jws would be doing people a favor if they went door to door killing people.

Blondie

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

I am sorry for your loss.

Eagle

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Mike)), our condolences, and yes indeed, may George have finally found a peaceful respite.

Craig & bikerchic

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sorry, nicolaou, for the terrible loss to you and yours. All you've said rings true.

Love and best wishes,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit