Advocating Destruction of Religion Hate Speech?

by writetoknow 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Cannot a person see that humans are about misstakes and the point is learning to live with each other in love.

Sounds like secular humanism to me.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I personally dont believe in the concept of hate speech, i believe you should have freedom of speech, with minimal interference from the government.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

We humans go through an experience and then we become intolerant of other that are going through it.

We want to take away their experience because we no better and we have learn from it. However, we are what we are because of the experience. And yet collectively our society is because of all those experience.

To have no faith in people and what they learn from those experiences give no hope to a new ideas that will come up do to change and the human experience.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Well we live in a world of labels the only changes I have every seen has been the people that refuse to live according to those labels.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    To have no faith in people and what they learn from those experiences

Secular humanism is all about having faith in people and what we have learned from our common human experience.

Most religionists insist that this alone is not enough and we must look to another source for guidance. This is where the holy books come in and where much hate for those that are different is learned, conditional love, at best.

The idea is, "Join us and we'll love you."

There is nothing to join to become a human being.

But the sooner we shed our divisive dogmas, the sooner we can move forward to a better world.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I don't know what you have read or been taught. but there is much more to most educated people of faith.

First they believe in God's love and second they believe if man was created in God's image that they are capable of great things. That is the reason God trust His children and knows that love will never fail.

If people can believe in someone to do the correct thing then certainly God does the same He being the creator of humans. It is in the darkest hour of mans history that people step up with such amazing belief that problems can be overcame that has save the human race from destruction or evil.

No I don't believe for one minute that people are incapable of doing good and that good will not simply humble the human spirit. I am amazed over and over again of people that have dedicated their lives to serving and solving the worst of humans problems.

From the least to the greatest only make me have respect for a God that could create something so beautiful as humans that are allowed to find new ways to help others.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If there are religious people that put their humanity ahead of their dogma, they are to be applauded.

But it is their humanity that is to thank for their openness and kindness, not their subscribing to a faith that teaches that the destruction of those that don't share their faith is a good thing.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Will I am certain you believe in education rather? I know a lot of good people of faith that do amazing things and there are good people without faith that do good things it does not have to be a contest a war to prove one right over the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit