Advocating Destruction of Religion Hate Speech?

by writetoknow 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    over the period of years people faiths become refined to the point that all that have faith only do good?

The problem with that expectation is that most religions are based on exclusivity, being special, being separate, being better, being sanctified.

The Christian scriptures clearly state that those that do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about Jesus Christ will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction.

The purpose of the Jewish Torah is to set the Jew apart, sanctify, as holy in the midst of the unholy, the non-believers.

Perhaps someone can attest to the accuracy of the following quotes from the Qur'an...

Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you, seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. Allah does not guide the wrong doers. (Quran: Al Ma'idah: 5 - 51)

Believers, do not seek the friendship of the infidels and those who were given the Book before you, who have made your religion a jest and a pasttime. (Quran: Al Ma'idah: 5 - 57)

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last day, nor hold the forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and his messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jaziyah with willing submission. And feel themselves subdued. (Quran: Al Taubah: 9 - 29)
  • writetoknow
    writetoknow

Not at all I think we are so forunate to live in a society found upon religion freedom and forefathers that were wise enough to create the rights we have to disagree.

Those to me are wonderful provision that the majority of the human race has never experience. I beleive further that because of the good laws we still have a society that is not run by extremist that would do away with groups they dislike.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I never stated that would happen I hope you read my comments correctly. I am stating I have seen many changes in my short life in peoples views what society once accepted as fact and later what they learned.

To project what religion or people of faith will be in a 1000-years cannot be said. But to start a discussion with a negative view of destruction simply leaves out the experience of change all are entitled to.

Do go back an look at Christainity 1000-years ago and state great change has not been made is not factual, no more so then saying science has not changed in a 1000-years. And to realize both have been forced to rethink their views because of the ignorance of people, but change was made for better.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I am stating I have seen many changes in my short life in peoples views what society once accepted as fact and later what they learned.

That's thanks to secularism, not religion.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

In this day and age, it is only hate speech when it is directed to some bizzare cult or religion, otherwise it is open season on Baptists, Catholics, most protestants.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Does it matter how the change is made? If people have more rights are open to more discussion legislative body are giving all groups more rights and protecting the rights of the weak.

Having opposite in society is where change comes from religion tried to remove the source of acceptance and change through goverments. Thankfully good people said no and set up rules of law to protect rights of all groups.

To fear difference is to not believe in humans that they will do good and grow to be better rather religious or not. To believe every body in one group is out to get you is darkage thinking .

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

I don't think that is a fair statement many Christain are experience hate speech. And many Christian have used hate speech. There is a better answer then destruction of a group how about an a positive education. How about not taking the easy solution to problems and getting read of something we don't like.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So what's your point in all this BS?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    darkage

When religion ruled?

LOL!

The right to practice religion in a way that doesn't interfere with the rights of others to parctice a different religion or none at all is a good thing.

But this produces a somewhat watered-down secularized form of the religion in question.

And that is a very good thing.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

No point.. the post topic really states it all for decent people. Do we want hate speech and to be apart of such speech?

If we are enlighten looking for something better in a world filled with hate should we not take a higher ground? Cannot one see that so many misstake are made over and over again behind hate.

Cannot a person see that humans are about misstakes and the point is learning to live with each other in love. Until we understand that no matter how it is promoted through religion or not things will not change.

Hopefully some of us will personally change?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit