Affectionate Men vs Macho Men

by Thinking of Leaving 49 Replies latest social relationships

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Maybe he just looked hot in a pair of jeans with no shirt.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thinking of leaving--you have a good point. Some women (and men) love to play the psychoogical head games, instead of just being honest.

There was an instance at work where this woman was always seeking attention from the guys, when she finally found a guy that wouldnt give her the time of day, she became even more interested in him. That him was me! She was a decent looking woman but I didnt like the headgames she played with the other guys, thus I avoided her. She became even more frustrated and started resorting to insults. Nothing she tried worked.

She became very jealous of a friendship I acquired with another female employee, and started insulting her and me.

It didnt bother me one bit, as I wasnt on the market, and even if I was I couldnt have cared less what she thought of me.

Some women and men go for this kind of game, not me.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Well it just goes to prove that sometimes the bad guys wins.

I my own experience, as a single guy, the easiest way to get the woman I wanted was to just ignore her.

It worked almost everytime.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

There really is a lot to be said for that "chemistry" thing. I dated a woman briefly with whom there was no "chemistry". We were SO alike, on paper it shoulda worked. But by the 3rd date, we both knew it just wasn't gonna happen.

I have no idea what "chemistry" is, but it's either there or it's not.

Dave

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

This is a chick who dated Fabio, I mean really, who would want to date "Fabio". The man spends more time on his hair than any chick I know. Attraction and looks do not always go hand in hand, at least I don't find they do. Someone can be very attractive, yet you feel for them, someone can be average but you want to rip off his clothes.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Many women are always on the look out for a "fixer-upper", it does not seem to matter if it's a house, piece of furniture or a guy.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

One report I read in the paper said that research had shown that a woman decides she wants a man, on average, within 45 seconds.

Men can take up to 6 minutes.

The theory is that women dominate the sexual arena. They notice a man and decide to make him notice them.

Men mostly do the chasing, but usually the woman has signalled first that she wants to be chased.

As for the instinct for mating with macho men, this is to do with primitive times when a strong macho man could protect a woman and her children from predators and attackers. We have not yet grown out of this in line with modern life.

HB

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The guy from Boston (Brian I believe his name was) to me was an extremely good man. He seemed witty, smart, he cared tremendously for her and she knew it, he was loving, affection, to me he had everything a girl could of wanted

You know, I just can't believe that any guy who is willing to participate in such a (imo) tasteless spectacle as a win-this-woman's-affections reality show is the "real deal".

Dan, cynical about the stuff other dudes do, seems like wooing the ladies is all a big acting job

• serendipity
    serendipity

Dan, Ladies like to be wooed. ;-)

I'd pick a nice guy over a macho man anyday, but I have to feel some attraction to the guy.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Physical attraction and chemistry have little to do with looks.

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes a man may not be particularly "good looking" in the traditional sense (physically), but his manner, or qualities make him attractive to you. In the end, even though he isn't "good looking" he turns out "looking good".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit