Affectionate Men vs Macho Men

by Thinking of Leaving 49 Replies latest social relationships

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I was watching a 2004 (re-run) episode of Average Joe Hawaii and Larissa picked the handsome, muscular man over the loving, patient, understanding not so cute man. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the show but in it this beautiful model/actress has to choose between an average joe and a good looking guy. They started her off with 16 average looking men and eventually threw in 8 good looking ones to heat things up a bit. In the end she had to choose one of them to continue a relationship with.

The guy from Boston (Brian I believe his name was) to me was an extremely good man. He seemed witty, smart, he cared tremendously for her and she knew it, he was loving, affection, to me he had everything a girl could of wanted (even a good job), yet Larissa chose the "handsome" muscular guy who she said wasn't showing much interest in her, was very guarded regarding his feelings, seemed to lack interest in anything she had to say and couldn't even vocalize his thoughts or feelings on many issues.

Is physical attraction really that important that a woman would dismiss all those good qualities in a man for someone she is attracted to?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How about a Gorgeous Mountain Man..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Physical attraction and chemistry have little to do with looks. She probably felt no chemistry with the nicer man. No matter how nice someone is, if there is no chemistry, it can be a bad match up. Having only chemistry is a bad idea, too.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Absolutely! The qualities we are regularly spouting off about as meaningful in individuals rarely come into the equation when instantaneous attraction is on the menu. Some individuals have a 'look' which seems to exude those qualities as an additional feature (whether or not they are dominant aspects of their personality) but the 'key interest' does seem to be in the 'look'. We are so shallow? Basically we are all human so really we are all conditioned through lifes events and one of those is hoping to acquire what we find appealing. And individuals who experience lots and lots of being appealing to, by others, are all the more likely to reciprocate positive qualities because everyone is wanting to be nice to them and sample a piece of their pie! Being a beautiful soul will get you nowhere in particular and may even get you well and truly squashed till you can no longer be who you are and survive!!

• golf2
    golf2

Men understanding women? Good luck!

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

so in other words women are just as superficial as men are

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

TofL you are gorgeous - so yes!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

She chose that guy because he wasnt interested in her, at least that is what Im gathering from this.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

lol thanks Crusoe

Junction Guy I think you maybe right! He acted like he didn't want her at all.

So women like a challenge......is this something men like also?

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Maybe the women had some issues that made her attracted to the guy who was not paying much attention to her..I don't know but I see women who really fall for the wrong type of guy. I would say that more than chemistry it has to do with psychological reasons. The relationship with your father also is a huge factor. I can't see why a women would choose a person with good looks over one who sincerely cares for her unless

1- She is very superficial.

2 - Bad relationship with father.

just my opinion...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit