Affectionate Men vs Macho Men

by Thinking of Leaving 49 Replies latest social relationships

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Dan, Ladies like wood. ;-)

Serendipity!

• serendipity
    serendipity

nvr, you're naughty. I like that in a man. ;-)

• sspo
    sspo

so in other words women are just as superficial as men are
    Yes

• JH
    JH

In French we say "Homme Rose" VS Macho

http://www.jcomtesexo.ca/homme_rose_ou_homme_macho.htm

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Choose looks over substance.,,,,,, Thats an indication of stupidity and dysfunctional behavior, not an indication of preference.

That woman hasn't had "free will" ever. She doesn't "choose " anything either . She sound like a victim of conditioned behavior.

" Pleeaase, There ir nothing wrong with me , why should I examine my motives and behaviors?"

" My life is wonderful and I am fine the way I am"

" I deserve ths"

An unexamined life isn't worth living , so considering the source of her behavior . I would say that she leads a pointless existence devoid of purpose and understanding , and fills her life up with "pretty" things that stroke her just right.

She still cries herslf to sleep at night at doesn't understand why she has to take prozac.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

so in other words women are just as superficial as men are
    The simple reality is that a woman will not be interested in a man if he is not interesting. Guys... you MUST be interesting and stand out from the crowd in some way. When you walk into a room, you must be noticed otherwise you will be ignored.

• JH
    JH
    When you walk into a room, you must be noticed otherwise you will be ignored.

Don't forget the deodorant.....

• daytona27
    daytona27

I believe most women, attractive or not, mistakenly assume that men are always interested in them. Truth is, a lot of the ones that are really worth having couldn't care less whether they are impressed by us, or notice us, or whatever. Weak men are constantly chasing women. The strong ones who know who they are don't. And, they don't need a woman in their life. When two people meet with completely mutual respect for who the other person actually is, then it's good. Otherwise, all the teenage stuff just isn't worth the hassle.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah i saw this show........ wife loved it so i was forced to look at it.........

in the end she had one HOT guy and one nerdy guy........... who supposedly had a job with homeland security.......aka TSA........... you KNOW he was an airport screener............... ill bet you money.

the good lookin guy.......... she refered to as............ being so mysterious..... and quite.............. ITS BECAUSE HE DIDNT HAVE A SINGLE SOLITARY THOUGHT IN HIS HEAD............ that much was obvious..........

the reason she kept the nerdy guy...... who was nice........ was so she wouldnt APPEAR superficial.

one of the hot guys she let go ....... dont remember his name but he was blonde.......... she hooked back up with in the end. he was a contractor from fort lauderdale and a few months after their last show i saw them together down there.

this chick dated fabio........ and kept the nerdy guy cause she knew that was AUTOMATICLY GONNA make her look superfical. in the end she chose a guy who couldnt add up 2+2...... and who was trying to become a pilot............ WTF im gonna drive everywhere from now on.

but back to the question........... affectionate vs macho........... comes down to chemistry and personality.

i know guys who arent very good looking but who always have attractive girlfriends..... why...... cause they arnt afraid to say anything and there is something about them that catches a womans eye. but dosent matter how nice a guy is......... if there isnt any chemestry then its over.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Well, unfortunately, I recently read about a psychological study which found that the majority of men choose their mates based on physical attractiveness. The percentage of women who chose mates based on physical attraction was less than men, but not far behind. So, yes, most of us are still that superficial, even in this age of enlightenment (I use the term loosely). There is some justification for this behaviour from a purely biological viewpoint, however. Physical attractiveness is associated in our minds with youth, good health and reproductivity, essential to the continuation of the species. So, perhaps it is not all superficiality but innate survival instincts. In this case, we may really be able to blame it on our genes naturally selecting for other healthy genes to pair up with?

It is also interesting that 2nd marriages/partnerships or late in life partnerships, will often be based more on mutual compatibility and friendship than looks.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit