Attn: All Non-Yankee JWDers! Did the U.S. origin of JWs irritate you?

by Open mind 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

In America, all you need to start your own religion is 7 follower or members that belong to your church, fill out the tax form, pay the fee ($79.00 if I remember correct) and thats it, you have your own religion. No wonder why we have like 250,000 religions here in the US.

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

I'm from Oz and never really questioned it's origin. I was told it was "The Truth" and never questioned it until now.

How's that for gullible!

Americans are our mates so i have no problem with that.

FF

• Maddie
    Maddie

It never bothered me a lot but I find it worrying that so many of cults originate in America. Why is that?

Maddie

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

i always found it interesting that people here (also the "friends", especially elders) would always say "all the bad things come from america" - like disco, pop/rap/metal, promiscuous lifestyle, all the clichees, ya know. when i answered, the JW come from america too... they'd ususally change subject. following the events of september 2001 i noticed how the WT jumped on the terrorism/insecurity... topic. that really bothered me, because i was all fed up with america. while the USA was mongering for war, they'd blockade the austrian government elections, because a small right wing party was included (they sucked, but that's no reason to start an embargo). it was then, when i stopped offering the mags in service. it was then i noticed it was only another agenda.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    and thru for through

Not too sure about that one, dansk?

• nelly136
    nelly136

nup it helped more than anything realising it was just another wacky import and that the founder was just a miscontent from another religion wanting to fly his own starship.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Not only were these all .....U.S. boys, but most were of German decent......

Along with most of the elders I ever ran into.....so why is that? I'd list the names but I don't think its aloud per forum rules.

They are all bogus and we know it!!!

r.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

A JW told me that the WT had to be located in USA so some prophecies become reality. How about that?

-ootb

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

I wasn't irritated.

As a very young person I accepted what I was told. Also, anything that came from the US was like Hollywood, the movies that influenced us as teenagers.

Freedom of belief and religion played a part in it too. This is what your country symbolized back then.

Witchettygrub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit