Attn: All Non-Yankee JWDers! Did the U.S. origin of JWs irritate you?

by Open mind 38 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
  • Dansk
    Dansk

I think "irritate" is the wrong word. When I first started studying I asked why the headquarters was in the USA and was told it was chosen by Jehovah likely because it had a bill of rights and so was protected (so why didn't I say if Jehovah was so great he wouldn't need his org protected in such a way?).

Anyway, no, I wasn't irritated by the org hailing from America - I was more irritated by the magazines not using correct spelling, such as: color for colour and thru for through, etc.

Ian

• proplog2
    proplog2

JW's have been strongly affected by their Anglo-American orientation when it comes to interpretation of prophecy. On the one hand they say that the USA is King of the South and then they ignore the idea that the King of the North removes the King of the South as a significant player in the end-time scenario.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Dansk:

I was more irritated by the magazines not using correct spelling, such as: color for colour and thru for through, etc

Hey Ian, if ya'll need any hep with writin' the "Amahricun" language just gimme a holler! I'll git ya all fixed up quick.

Open Mind

• Dansk
    Dansk

It's a deal!

Ian

• Priest73
    Priest73

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God. (yeah I'm American, but I "ain't" no damn Yankee =-) )

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I couldn't figure out why all the Governing Body came from the States. I guess Jesus only spoke English

Not true - Greenlees, Chitty, Barr, Poetzinger, Losch and Barry were/are all non US

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - I agree that now that Samuel Herd is on the body - they now have a "token black" . To me it makes total sense they enlarge the GB with a good number of Hispanics, African Americans and Asian - that would make total sense - so they will not do it

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I never gave it a thought..good that I was. I lived in the Pacific NW and everything was "white", the school history was 99.9% white. The WT portrayed JC as White with Blue Eyes. Even the "great painters' painted angels, god, jesus, abraham etc as WHITE. I guess we were just mentally "set up" to accept the "normal" White American. I bet 99% of those Adventist explosion religions where that way. Ever see historical pictures of Black shakers, quakers, mormons (okay they didn't like blacks from day one) etc?

• Priest73
    Priest73

Plus then they may have to allow beards... or atleast soul patches...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit