Could an EX-JW Dating Site work?

by Bourne 72 Replies latest social relationships

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Not looking for a relationship, or soul mate. I just need to get laid and paid. Expect monthly coupons for my website @ www. - wait a minute... wrong dating website.

I gotta start working harder.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

It could work I think, biggest problem would be matching people up with where they "are". I know I wouldn't want to get involved with someone who didn't celebrate the holidays or still had some of the jw mindset. But other than that, I think it could be a good idea.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I don't know if I'd want to date someone who would want to date me.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i tried plentyoffish...many dates...but no chemistry

• Gringa
    Gringa

Wander - LOL -

I don't know if I'd want to date someone who would want to date me.

I would require a prenuptual that if they EVER returned to the cult, the marriage is AUTOMATICALLY terminated and I get everything. So, before I would even date an ex-JW, I would have to be absolutely SURE they were OUT...I mean it, too..... ROFL. I mean, I really MEAN IT!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    I would require a prenuptual that if they EVER returned to the cult, the marriage is AUTOMATICALLY terminated and I get everything. So, before I would even date an ex-JW, I would have to be absolutely SURE they were OUT...I mean it, too..... ROFL. I mean, I really MEAN IT!

Hey, we could ask the questions like they ask on the dub sites.

"Do you have any reservations with regard to oral sex? Remember, Jehovah can see your answer...you bad little witness!"

• jgnat
    jgnat

The only way to know is to try. Why not? Learn the lessons from other dating sites, and protect your members. As for this:

Having someone understand why we are the way we are can only be understood by someone who has been there.

I beg to disagree. There are empathetic people who have come through similar, but different backgrounds. You might have things in common with adult children of alcoholics, for instance, or survivors of domestic abuse.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I first was leaving the cult I thought I would only want an ex-JW for a mate. But now that I am farther away, its not that important. Its becoming a smaller and smaller focus on whats important in life for me. On the other hand, I really don't want to marry anyone in any religion.
    I do find that ex-JW men appreciate women with brains than most groups of men.
    purps

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, in my own experience, JWD has been a pretty darn good ex-JW dating site! That's how I met bikerchic, and there was a spat of marriages that happened in short period of time. I remember Simon jokingly suggesting that JWD should charge a match-making fee! LOL

imho, it's no different than any other way you might meet someone: Size them up, make a decision, and take your chances.

That's life.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Thats just what I said onacruse. But.. I guess some may want to wait and see the personality of a new poster, instead of PMing a guy after his first post.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit