Could an EX-JW Dating Site work?

by Bourne 72 Replies latest social relationships

• Bourne
    Bourne

Hey!

Since the "in" and "active" JW's have their dating websites, what about us?

At the moment, I see myself, at a future date, feeling most comfortable with someone with a similar background, someone who understood the issues left over from the experience of being a JW. Some on this board have expressed such comfort with dating other ex-JW's for this very reason, with various outcomes.

Would such a website work? COULD it work?

Any thoughts? Any experience with this?

Bourne

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I hope so, I could attract current married JW sister out of there!

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I dont see why it wouldnt work. There are many on this board who have gotten together.

Smiles

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

count me in

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

INstead of calling it PlentyofFish, you could call it PlentyofApostababes and Apostadudes!!!!

Apostacupid

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Personally, I think finding someone just like yourself isn't always such a good thing. I enjoy my husband not understanding it all because he helps me move past the past. He makes up for a lot of my weaknesses.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Having someone understand why we are the way we are can only be understood by someone who has been there. An important aspect would be that my partner resolve all their issues so that a relationship can go forward, if not, it's doomed, why even get involved.

- wac of the resolved all my issues class.
  • horrible life
    horrible life

I thought that was what PM's are for. I personally try to PM as many males as I can. I don't know why, nobody ever responds. I have submitted my pictures, and even a picture of my home that we could live in. You would think the guys here on JWD would jump at the chance to have a mature woman and a place to rest

their head. altalt

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Count me in when I am single...lol.

Now, everyone should start off making out your "Personal Profiles"!

Mine would say:

Not looking for a relationship, or soul mate. I just need to get laid and paid. Expect monthly coupons for my website @ www. - wait a minute... wrong dating website.

Love Brookie

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm split on an ex JW mate. In some ways I would like to have someone who can understand the absurdity of the religion and how we were all drawn in. On another note I might prefer someone who wasn't damaged in that way so it would help me move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit