Does paradise still seem attractive to you?

by Hiddenwindow 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Do you think paradise, as depicted by the Watchtower, an everlasting life praising Jehovah and playing with what we now know as wild animals, not to mention cultivating a piece of land, is really a desirable place? Bear in mind that there is no reference to science and that personal goals are non-existent.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

A world full of Jehovah's Witnesses. Kill me. Please.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The JW definition of paradise is not attractive to me any more. I don't like the idea of theocracy, which seems like submitting to other people supposedly representing God.

I do like the first non-religious definition found in the dictionary: "A place of extreme beauty, delight or happiness". I think we can get little fragments of paradise here and there in life, but that there isn't and won't soon be a place on earth where everything is paradisaic.

• Gringa
    Gringa

Think about it - FOREVER - forever....as in FOREVER !

It is just too long for me, I am afraid I will get bored after say, the first half million years or so...... But, hey! That is just me.

• noni1974
    noni1974

About as attractive as the fattest man on earth naked.

• Open mind
    Open mind

LOL at Noni!!

Uh, no. An eternity of inter-racial vegetarian "cook-outs" wearing khakis and a glued-on smile does not sound appealing to me.

On second thought, the inter-racial part always did sound good to me. That's about it tho.

Open Mind

• M.J.
    M.J.

Have you ever read "the Time Machine" by HG Wells, or seen one of the movies based on it? The depiction of the eons going by as he's fast-forwarding through time just seems exhausting!

I just can't fathom still feeling great about picking vegetables and going on picnics by the year 802,701 A.D.

• 5go
    5go

Kick the witnesses out Yeah I guess.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Erm, no.

Partly due to a serious aversion to yard work (thousands of years "returning earth to it's former glory" is thousands of years of yard work), partly due to the inhabitants and largely due to how much I love the opportunities and activities I enjoy in the current "state of things".

While the immortality has it's appeal, I'd prefer something more along the Anne Rice vampire chonicles version

• PEC
    PEC

I already live in paradise and I don't have to deal with dubs, unless I want to.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit