Does paradise still seem attractive to you?

by Hiddenwindow 50 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Others may prefer directing their skills in the line of such arts as painting and sculpture or in the fields of science. Yes, humankind will be ever learning, ever coming up with new ideas. Bored? Never! Not for all eternity!

LMFAO!

Fields of science?

Like evolutionary biology?

Ever learning?

Like coming to the realization that Jehovah is a fictional character?

LOL!

Hey, I used to believe that crap too.

Don't feel bad, inkling.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I never really bought into the whole paradise idea. I never could figure out what I would do forever.

If the dead are aware of nothing how could death be so bad?

~Hill

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

What could ever be attractive about spending eternity in a worldwide Kingdumb Hell, where no one has an education, and no skills other than janitorial/ window washer. A place with no good music, dancing or singing, or entertainment.

Count me out please!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Attempted SuicideAttempted Suicide..Most people would try to escape by any means possible!..Attempted SuicideAttempted Suicide...........Thanks,but No Thanks!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• nelly136
    nelly136

the first man and woman were perfect, he had all the animals to name, all the plants to explore and name, he was given a perfect mate, they could have started their own violin business or orchestra, tracked over mountains, gone swimming, been the einsteins of their day..............if perfection and paradise was so exciting and full of interest, why did they pick/eat the darn fruit? could it be they were ......bored?

so theoretically paradise could work the second time round, if the thinking/wondering capability is totally removed.

theyre already looking forward to going into a new world with past memories of those that didnt make it removed, theyre looking forward to going back with loved ones who died before armageddon and resurrected, being just a vague thoughtform for recognition purposes (but not enough for anyone to say "oi thats my wife you're with")

while theyre wishing for utopia and mass genocide on mankind, i wonder does it occur that memories might not be the only part of the minds removed. is god going to trust man with the same choice over? or will he think...sod that i'll lobotomise em this time round.

only my circular thoughts no fruit were hurt in the typing of this post.

my jw mother always said she wanted to be buried if she died, i was like "wasssamatter you worried he wont find all the bits?" maybe he has no intention of finding some parts

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

inkling, Here's the thing. Their lives NOW are being stolen. They aren't living in paradise but just waiting for it. It may or may not happen. It's like working 24/7 to make payments on something you're not sure of or how it's going to be.Just some idealistic drawings. Paradise is subjective. Some people love G Bush and some love the Taliban. The way it's presented it seems more like the Taliban (actually so does G. Bush) I definately do not want to wear a dress eternally.

• inkling
    inkling
    inkling, Here's the thing. Their lives NOW are being stolen.

totally agree.

Concidering the (statistically very good) chance that this is the only shot we
    get at life, convincing someone to put thier lives on hold for a future fantasy
    that will never get is a cruel and evil theft....

A murder of attainable hopes and dreams.

[ink]

• stapler99
    stapler99

I was never sure what exactly paradise would be like, but I saw it as a place of only happiness and no sadness. How that would come about was unspecified. Perhaps because it was so vague, after I was very young and had only just learnt about the paradise and found it incredibly exciting, it was never much comfort. The fear of dying in Armageddon was worse. So if I could have unlimited happiness, in eternal life, I would. This is all paradise ever meant.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Only if I also get 70 virgins, (female) Please, thank you jemima

I've always thought that what the JWs perceive as "paradise" is actually hell. Imagine living an eternity on an earth inhabited solely by Jehovah's Witnesses and vegetarian animals? No thanks. I'll take my chances with the lake of fire. At least I'll have friends there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit