Life after the Cult.

by whyamihere 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Well I know one thing looking at that statue....David would never pass SweetStuff's test drive!

I'm thankful for the "worldly" friends I made while I was still being forced to go to meetings, as well as those friends who left the cult at the same time I did. All are still friends, decades later.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Well I know one thing looking at that statue....David would never pass SweetStuff's test drive!

LMAO! Nope, he wouldn't, that's like tits on a bull, useless.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm grateful for the beauty of life, my family, and every day spent out of the borg.

changeling

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Those that are left behind, I feel sorry for, they'll never experience anything "real."

Very true, my greatest sadness if for those that are in; it has been such a pleasure to finally be free.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I think the best thing has been figuring out who I really am and not being ashamed of it.

After that, I'd have to say finding out that there really are people who can say they care about what happens to you and mean it.

WLG

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am thankful I didnt kill anybody wife or son by denying medical care and that we are all out of the tower now.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm truly thankful every day - every day I drive past the KH and I see people driving in on a hot sunday afternoon and I think to myself - I have the freedom to tan by the pool !!!!

I'm thankful for getting out while still young, knowing I have got so much living to catch up and so much to do.

I love life, I love my family, the few friends I've made since coming out.

I'm so grateful my brother and follow his natural born talent with cricket and football and can partake in competitions and get to live his dream.

I'm just so happy - REAL HAPPINESS

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Great thread.

I'm thankful that I no longer live with guilt. No guilt for the meetings I went to, because I didn't really want to go. No guilt for getting there late--we always worked until 6-630 and would arrive late consistently, but we thought we should go and were made to feel like losers for going late. I though being there counted?!?

The constant guilt was painful emotionally, I'm grateful it's gone.

I love this site!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I am thankful that I get to keep helping my best friend on her way out. Best feeling in the world next to doing the same for my kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit