Flooding Imminent

by bebu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Well, our area is getting flooded. They're calling for boats to rescue the home-bound. They're closing the local freeway, too! I hope my husband can make it home.

Our home is higher than many, I don't expect to see water inside the house, just the basement.

On top of all this, ancient pipes under our home have broken and we are trying to fix the leaks.

Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

bebu

• Rooster
    Rooster

Sorry abut your luck. Hope all turns out well...

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Sorry to hear about the flooding. I think it is so ironic that you're flooding while in my part of the world we're praying for rain. We only have a couple of months of drinking water left before the water's gone! I hope it gets better for everybody.

• sir82
    sir82

See what happens when you "take no note"?

Bet you wish you would have listened to good ol' Noah & were on the ark now!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Make sure your camels are safe.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry about the flooding. I know what it is like to have water in the basement.

Blondie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thinking of you,

purps

• Mulan
    Mulan

Bad flooding here already today. The rain is unbelievable since last night. It is coming down like a bathroom shower. I went out on some errands today and had to reroute myself twice because of standing water in the roads............too deep to drive through. Storm drains are full of Autumn leaves so are clogged and they are spilling onto the roads.

Several schools have been cancelled and parents are told to come for their children. Mudslides everywhere. Rivers are cresting. Retention ponds and reservoirs are spilling over in residential areas so people are being evacuated. We live on high ground, but when it's this wet, we have had soggy basement situations. Have to keep an eye on the interior walls down there. There are three walls below dirt level and the water just might seep in.

It's pretty bad and now the winds are predicted and lots of power outages.

• skyking
    skyking

Feel for you. Hope you survive OK

• Dagney
    Dagney

Goodness! Thank you for keeping us posted.

Our thoughts are with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit