Flooding Imminent

by bebu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

Bebu, thanks for the update, glad you weren't washed away.

Philip

• hubert
    hubert

Well, over here in the East, we got the cold weather, 19 degrees this morning, but no rain.

Sorry to hear you have all that flooding, Bebu. I'm glad to hear you didn't get flooded out.

They just showed the northwest coast and said Washington and Oregon are declared an emergency. Looks really bad out there, from what I am seeing on the weather channel.

The coast guard are using rescue choppers to get people out. They just said Rt. 5 near chahalis is closed because of flooding.

Keep us updated when you can, Bebu. I hope your son's girlfriends Mom took you up on your offer.

Hubert

• BrentR
    BrentR

My wife works in Centralia and she cannot get to her ambulance station. We are watching one of her co-worker's son because he has been stranded there since Sun eve.

News coverage: http://www.king5.com/video/index.html?nvid=198120&shu=1

• bebu
    bebu

I spent the afternoon at our church making chili, cornbread and cookies for the local shelter (my daughter's school) to serve for dinner. We fed 100+ folks a nice hot meal. But I feel like it's such a small, small thing. Lots of people are going to be dealing with major problems, and I feel like a couple hours is such a tiny bandaid.

I'm glad that my husband can commute via backroads. He can bring home supplies from out of town, too.

There's some good video here of the area near us: www.komotv.com. The video of Lewis County.

bebu

• hubert
    hubert

BrentR and Bebu, thanks for the vieo links.

Wow, what a mess !!! Looks like you will be busy for a long time.

So good of you to help, Bebu.....(Like you have the time, huh)?

Looks like the whole town is chipping in to help one another.

I hope you and BrentR didn't get any damage.

Hubert

• BrentR
    BrentR

I live 30 miles northeast at 900' elevation so there is no flooding. The ambulance station in Centralia had 4" of water in it and there still is no road access to and from it. The crews that were on duty Sun evening are still there stranded. All of that water will be heading towards the coastal cities of Aberdeen and Hoquiam. Both towns have no power and bad wind damage and will now have flooding to deal with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit