Watchtower's annual Christmas edition - such hypocrisy!

by ozziepost 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Isn't it amazing to see that the WTS are fond of decrying Christmas, yet each year they publish a Christmas edition of the Watchtower magazine!

They make all sorts of claims about Christmas and how wrong it is and all that but never fail to bring feature articles in thir December issues that take advantage of that.

What hypocrites!

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20021215/article_01.htm

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

My guess it's to keep the rank and file sort of happy. I guess the GB knows very well that most JW's secretly wish for Christmas (they did in my cong anyway) and this is a confirmation of their faith and resolution to stay strong.

And yeah, they are hypocrites.

• avengers
    avengers

Maybe the're secretly dreaming of a white Christmas, or jingle bells, jingle bells.

I'll jingle their f''n bells.

lol

Andy

hey Viv. Whatcha doin?

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hey Andy Not much at the moment. How are you?

Many a time I would be invited by a sister to spend the first or second Christmas day at her place for dinner. NOT Christmas ofcourse, but just dinner - cuz the wordly holidays made everyone feel lonely.

• Guest01210
    Guest01210

ozziepost:

Exactly which December Watchtower or Awake are you refering to?

I've read both Watchtowers and the Awake for December/07 and cannot find any article pertaining to the xmas celebration you show.

Seems that you just went to the WTS site and pulled up an old article ... right?

What hypocrites ... indeed!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I doubt Ozzie wastes his time reading the actual magazines, as few of us do any longer. But the article he showed is typical of this time of the year.

Usually, the cover is inviting, till you find the Grinch inside.

Jeff

The article he showed was from the Dec 15, 2002 WastedspaceTower.

• Guest01210
    Guest01210

Jeff ... nice of you to help ozziepost out.

However ... he did state that the WTS comes out with this stuff every year at this time.

SOOOO ... December/02 now is the same as December/07?????

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Don't worry, Jeff, the trolls are out again! This one's a right pratt 'cos he makes it so obvious! 10 posts out of 10 all hit and run spoilers. He couldn't even read my post where I supplied the link. We all know that the December issue of the W/T has always been a Christmas edition and sure enough the Society's website puts the Xmas article as their lead.

Oh well, he's nearly used up his limit.

• Guest01210
    Guest01210

Wrong again oh ozziepost!!!!

Your words ... "yet each year they publish a Christmas edition of the Watchtower magazine!"

Now, back up your own words and show us where they have pubished a Christmas edition .. this year!!!!

Calling 'troll' only works when it's true .. not when you have to eat your own words ;)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Aren't trolls tiresome! Oh well, that's 3 posts out of his limit he's wasted on this thread alone - I guess little Ronnie's about used up his limit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit