Anyone getting snow?

by BrentR 37 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

It just started to snow here at around noon. It's right at 32 deg so it should stick good.

I snagged some video as soon as the flakes started flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1rYsATcvWc

Monday we are supposed to get a nasty windstorm.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hiya Brent!

We got just a dusting down here in Portland, this morning. It was gone in a blink (at least on the lower elevations). That storm coming through tomorrow night was at first predicted to be pretty nasty: up to 90 mph gusts in the valley. But they've reduced that to 45 mph, with the usual higher gusts only on the coast.

The track says it's gonna head more up along the Washington coast, so maybe your forecast is for stiffer winds?

Craig

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Oh yeah, we got some snow here in Minnesota. Had to drive to Zumbrota for my aunt's birthday party. I really need to think about getting some snow tires.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Nice area - appeals to me! Is snow a bad thing or do you like skiing or are they two different questions?

• BrentR
    BrentR

It just changed over to freeezing rain now. My daughter will have to go sledding tonight in the dark.

I don't mind it and I get a kick out of how hyper my daughter gets when it does snow.

• DJK
    DJK

Snow is in the forecast for my area Monday and Tuesday. Up till now we have had some minor flurries this season.

I have a lady friend living in Stielacoom, she says it never snows there. Are you near Stielacoom?

• Namaste
    Namaste

I'm trapped at home! Help me!

We had snow early this morning to my son's delight, "it's snowing it's snowing! it's so beautiful!" me: "grumble grumble, I hope it melts soon!"

I had already planned on decorating today, so we turned on the Christmas music and started unloading boxes. This will be our first Xmas with a real tree.

The snow did melt, I thought I had better get out and run some errands, but before I got everything around to leave...it started snowing again.

We now have a lovely 3+ inches and I'm hoping it stops soon. Although I can drive in the snow, I have a car that can't and way too many hills where I live so we just keep putting up more decorations and singing Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer!

Munchkin did get a chance to play in the snow, so I'm not such a terrible mommy :)

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

We've been getting snow off and on all day. I had planned on picking up my tree today but I'm going to wait until this clears a bit.

• BrentR
    BrentR
    I have a lady friend living in Stielacoom, she says it never snows there. Are you near Stielacoom?

I live about 25 miles east of Stielacoom right at the base of the Bald Hills.

The Weather Channel was predicting alot of snow across the country today so I fiqured quite a few here would have had some.

• R.F.
    R.F.

No. I was out with a t-shirt and jeans today. I'd be glad when we get a little snow here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit