Anyone getting snow?

by BrentR 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

We have about three inches on the ground here (Bothell). We started getting the house ready for Christmas so it fits.

R Crusoe: snow in Western Washington is a mixed blessing. I love it as I grew up in Cooperstown NY, snow reminds me of being a kid. On the other hand, about 90% of the people here loose their minds when they get behind the wheel of a car and its snowing. Half of them are creeping along in terror, the other (almost exclusively driving SUV's) think they can go 90 with no problem. The result generally makes all our roads impassable.

• DocBob
    DocBob

We had a dusting Wednesday and again last night at our timeshare in North Conway NH. Nothing south of Ossipee on the way back home to Kittery MEl.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

Sometimes I really miss snow! I miss watching it fall. I miss the smell of the air just before it snows! I miss how quiet it makes everything!

But then I remember having to drive in it, having to shovel it, having to scrape it off my car, getting stuck in it, and how cold my feet always were and then the mess it makes in the spring!

jelcat

• BrentR
    BrentR

The snow here is western WA is very wet and because we have so many hills it is a traffic nightmare as Jefft mentioned. So many people living here are from states that never get snow and that just compounds the mess.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I'm UK so we rarely get a covering. When my 4 were kids I'd be out with 4 sleds tied in a convoy pulling them down to the slopes where they'd be up and down till they couldn't walk any longer and then I'd struggle back home with the convoy and a heavier, wetter set of kids in tow! Nice days for memories - pity about borgland though!

• BrentR
    BrentR

This is a light dusting we got just a year and two days ago.

alt

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Mid 60's here in Atlanta! Shorts and T-Shirt today.

Outaservice

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We have had freezing rain most of the day . We went out early before it started and I got more Xmas cards to send out . Spent the day filling them out and watching movies on TNT . We had several small branches fall on the house and lots of chunks of ice hitting the deck which drove the dog crazy . The electricity flickered a few times ,but no outages thankgoodness .

Now temps are rising overnight so ice is melting fast .Expect light snow late tomorrow.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That was very thoughtful of you getting the snowfall on tape for those of us who practically never get to see snow.
    I want snow ;-)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes a touch -here in Midwest it is lousy weather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit