by SHUNNED FATHER 64 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When do you need all the money?

How much time do we have?

purps

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

There has to be a few ex-JW lawyers out there who could help out?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Holy crap mouthy those are some crazy JWs! Is destroying and stealing mail a federal offense in Canada like it is here in the US? Yes it is against the Law ..But if the ones wont come forward & report. .because they will lose there job. This man is about 63 years old close to retirement & has worked as a mailman all his adult life. I wont send any until you give me another address name .He lives in the States.( my friend)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Lawrence, are you listening?

I'm already planning the drive.

Sylvia

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Try setting up a bank account so we could deposit cash without exposing ourselves , or whatever.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I am registered with paypal and can make a donation; not much but if everybody can just donate just a little, it all adds up. I'll do what I can!

LRG

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I am very wary of sending money for legal expenses over the internet.

1) Lawyers are like vultures, especially civil lawyers. The fact that you can't even get a vulture to take a bite at this potentially juicy target concerns me on the legal grounds for success. If this is going to be such a high profile case, I can assure you that SOME lawyer would want their face all over the papers as free publicity.

2) Knowing you would be going up against the Tower's law firms, why did you pursue a course that you would be unable to finish, especially when the stakes are so high with precedents.

3) Where is the proper accounting for donations? How much money is being spent where? How much money is being taken in, who is regulating the flow? When asking for money, it's considered good practice to show where it has been used and where it will continue to be used... specifically.

4) Is this money also going towards your suit against the Cross Cancer Institute as well?

5) You are asking for handout for a chance at a large civil suit. No mention was made to what will happen with the money if you win. No provision is suggested in the donation request that leads me to believe that you would want to pay people back for their donations.

6) Who is managing the fund? You or a third party?

7) Is there any provision to those donating to your cause that you will not be settling out of court if they offer enough?

In all, I wish you luck, but I will not be supporting it. If you're asking for a charitable donation, then I would expect some accountability and administration. What I see here is a request for a handout with nothing but your word that it will be used properly. In my time on the internet, these sorts of requests have always ended badly.

• SHUNNED FATHER
    SHUNNED FATHER

You could address the envelope with my name on it and make out the cheque to " Watchtower Lawsuits".

Of course, my name is a household word in the JW world. Just to illustrate. A friend of mine was in a restaurant in another province and overheard a group of Jehovah Witnesses talking about me. Any suggestions?

Lawrence

• jgnat
    jgnat

Is there a formal trust and trust account set up for this? Who are the signators on the trust fund?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

In answer to Awakened07's question, there have been a few XJW lawyers on this board off and on, but they really dont want to offer help to anyone or any cause unless it benefits them monetarily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit