I'm new!

by Renegade 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Renegade
    Renegade

Hi, I'm PoppyR's son. I was brought up a Jehovah's witness and have only very recently lots most of my faith in it. For years I was in that religion and could never quite make sense of it. It took a couple of hours of talking to my mum for my mind to be completely changed.

At first, I was very upset and felt like I had lost a very close friend, but eventually I realised that 'the world' isn't such an awful place after all. Plus, being a witness takes away alot of oppurtunities from you. I have never been baptised; good thing too. Because the bible often refers to people with 'no natural affection.' But if a witness is disfellowshipped all their family and friends seem to turn against them just like that.

I have signed up to this forum, for alot of reasons but this is the main one. I want to have all of your opinions on religion. Because at the moment I'm totally unsure whether I should be saying a prayer or celebrating the fact that I don't have to anymore.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

My cup runneth over

Welcome Renegade (your secret is safe with me!)

This son is the intelligent one..lol. The other one is so lazy I'm counting on him not being bothered to go to meetings!

Be nice!

Poppy xx

PS there is no Linda and Trev story here, we are both posting from the same IP because we live in the same house!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am so happy to hear you are free to use your mind and make your own choices. My children were never babtised and it is so much easier to get away without so many repurcussions when you have not been.

You will find your way. Welcome to JWD

• R.F.
    R.F.

Welcome to JWD renegade!

Your mother posted your age in another thread......it's great to see someone at that very young age realizing the truth about the religion. You have your entire life ahead of you now to do worthwhile things. I'm so happy for you.

R.F.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Glad you're here, Renegade.

My son, SpawnofNvr, posted for a few days a while back.

He's 13.

He's more interested in video games and TV though.

He just got Assassin's Creed for his XBox 360.

Way to dodge a bullet on the baptism thing.

Take your time with regards to religion, you have your whole life ahead of you to figure things out.

If we've learned anything as exiting JW's it's to scrutinize and examine things for ourselves, without believing something just to make someone else feel good.

Best of success to you!

• *summer*
    *summer*

Welcome, Renegade...

I'm totally unsure whether I should be saying a prayer or celebrating the fact that I don't have to anymore.

Keep reading. Keep looking around. Keep weighing all opinions you will find here.

It will come to you:-)

*summer*

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Hearty welcome to you!!!!

In answer to your question, everyone here has done something different it seems. Some are athiest, agnostics, Christian, Buddist, or wiccan. The best part of all of this is that you get to decide for yourself. Think about what you want and what you believe. You may go a couple different routes till you find your path.

For my family, we are Christians. We pray and read the Bible. My girls are showing an interest in Catholism and have gone to classes at the church with friends. We have only been out for a couple of months, so we are all still finding our way.

If you find something that interests you, look into it. Pray only if you want to or if you feel they are being heard.

Good luck on your journey and welcome to the club!

momzcrazy

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    At first, I was very upset and felt like I had lost a very close friend, but eventually I realised that 'the world' isn't such an awful place after all. Plus, being a witness takes away alot of oppurtunities from you

Many of us here felt just the same way you did! You have the world at your feet!

Welcome!

BB

• mouthy
    mouthy

should be saying a prayer or celebrating the fact that I don't have to anymore.

Oh I have a new GREAT GRAND child...Thats because I am the granny on here & adopted all newcomers as my kids
    You dont HAVE to pray my love ,,,,because you are now free!!! You can think independently as long as you obey the rules of your house.(otherwise you might get kicked out )
    But as Granny ( noone has to listen to me.... but I love to give instuctions because old people like to think that what they say is intelligent
    But MY advice to you sweetie is Pray for the REAL truth.....More Prayer is wrrought by prayer than this world dreams
    Now why did you wipe my kiss off it wasnt wet>>>>

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome - great to have you here Renegade.

Looking forward to meeting your mum on Saturday - she sounds like one cool chick!

Enjoy the forum, it's eye opening and a lot of fun.

Join in the quiz too - it's addictive!

:-)

Sam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit