I'm new!

by Renegade 31 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome to JWD. "It took a couple of hours of talking to my mum for my mind to be completely changed." It is amazing that once you can break through the mind control (which seems easier the younger and less time you have spent in) the whole structure just falls apart. In regards to religion, first there is the need to distinguish between religion and spirituality. There are over 30,000 religions, the chance any one is right is pretty remote, and unfair if God expected that belonging to one was the only way to be saved. Spirituality is different, as it does not entail having to prescribe to the rituals and myths that other men have created. However, no one "knows" what happens when we die or who God is, as these are unprovable. That is why belief and faith are described as holding to ideas that are unproven. What is the answer? That is the question that humans have asked for thousands of years, each coming up with different conclusions. All I can recommend is to approach information with an open mind, but a healthy level of scepticism, and find the way that is right for you.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

A very warm welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit