Accidentally Hit Animals with Cars ? A Problem in Rural areas-Experiences?

by flipper 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I ran over my cat....................................

I also hit a big dog that ran into the street but he ran away after that. His owner came out and I gave him my info but I never heard from him...I hope that was a good thing and the dog was OK...

We have so many deer where I live that they actually have to hunt them to cut down on the population...They are always running through the yards...poor things . It reminds me of when the Indians had their property taken away..they too have no place to go.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot!..

Snoozy

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSEARCHER- Another moose strikes again! So sorry it almost caused your brother in law to lose his life ! Awful ! Deers are always darting out in front of cars where I live to in the mountains. Wild turkeys, gawd, what next ? LOL! Thought that was the name of a popular whiskey or somethin" ? I've been attacked by canadian geese before, although I wasn't in my car at the time ! Rabbits are always darting out in front of vehicles though. Great sig you posted for watching out for turtles, probably over in Florida where GWYNETH ran over some turtles, and got pissed on by them ! Peace out, thanks, Mr. Flipper

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Because squirrels are not very smart.

I was riding along and there was a squirrel on the side of the (rather wide) bike path and it scurried away when I approached. So I continued biking through and at the last moment the squirrel panicked and started heading in the opposite direction, racing towards me and found itself under my wheels. I felt the bump bump, but worse was the plaintive cry the animal gave as it scampered away injured. It went into the bushes and I couldn't find it, but I think it must have died soon after from its injuries.

I guess it's not that unusual for an animal to get confused and run towards danger in an attempt to get away from it. I have had a few close calls since with squirrels doing the same thing.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

the turtle crossing sign reminded me of a sign I seen in the Caymans...across the street from a small nursing home:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wouldn't want to hit one of them

Snakes ()

• White Dove
    White Dove
    Sent a squirrel spinning across the freeway with my car a few years back. Wrecked the entire day. I was crying all day from it.
  • White Dove
    White Dove
    Snoozy, I'm with you there. It's very sad about paving paradise and pushing out all of these precious animals from their homes. I hate it! Couldn't there be a way to co-exist without evicting life from their homes? Isn't there a way, somehow?
  • flipper
    flipper

SOOIRSE- A deer jumped on top of your car ? Now I've heard everything ! I'll have to check into deer whistles.

SNOOZY- How sad about your cat, so sorry. A lot of deer run where I live too. We as humans have paved much of their land and it's sad.

LEOLAIA- That must have been sad hitting a squirrel . Would have been traumatic hearing it whimper. sorry you went through that.

SNAKES- That is funny ! That picture of the old people crossing does look like a couple of turtles. My son is always calling my wife and I turtles . Guess he thinks we're old ! LOL!

WHITE DOVE- You hit a squirrel too, on the freeway ? Must have made you sad the rest of the day

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I've hit/ran over opossums, racoons, birds, squirrels, and have to constantly avoid deer. I'm sure it'll happen one day, though. My brother recently hit a deer pretty hard, and the entire car hood had a dent in the form of its body.

• flipper
    flipper

LONELY SHEEP- So it appears you are just into , accidentally hitting small game , correct ? Be thankful you have not hit a deer yet as it causes untold damage to your vehicles $$$$ and people have been killed from the impact. Not to mention what it does to the poor deer ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Maddie
    Maddie

FLIPPER

We ran a cat over once and I was so upset. We knew the owner as she was a neighbour so we wrapped it in a blanket and went to her house. It was dark when it happened so we didn't see the poor thing and the owner didn't blame us but I felt really bad about it for a long time afterwards.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit