agnostic.....reality?

by msil 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Msil,

I would advise against dabbling unless you read up and are fully prepared for consequences. I never ever call upon spirits. A particularly nasty spirit could choose to influence you and STILL not reveal itself.

I once had a ghost (my husbands deceased grandma on the day of her death) speak to me and convey a message that I didnt really understand. I was 100% sure this message was a valid one, and I told two people: my husband and his cousin who happened to be staying with us at the time. She basically showed me a gift (I saw it in my mind) that had not been given and she wanted it known that this gift was something she'd intended to give. None of us knew what that was, until 2 weeks later when a gift wrapped package, fitting my description, was found in her attic. This package was for my husbands cousin (who had been staying with us!). Her fiance had died 2 weeks before her wedding, and this gift was her grannys wedding gift to her...a family heirloom tea set...which had never been given because of the tragedy. Granny obviously wanted her to now have it...

So this could not have been a hallucination. It was verified by other people and I couldnt possibly have known.

There are safe ways to tap into your own higher consciousness. I advise you to NEVER use ouija board or anything like that. Im of the opinion that if you are meant to know these things, then you eventually will.
    Be Careful!!

Sirona

• msil
    msil

Sirona,

Thanks for the post. I am not interested in tapping into my higher conscious levels...

I was taking the position that since I can not prove god exists then if I prove demons exist...is it a logical progression to say God exists? I am apprehensive about the approach though...because as someone who investigates truth and finds answers I have no metrics and if I was to embark on this investigation I would only do so if I knew for sure that what I found was not MY imagination (yes my imagination is overactive...I confess...).

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Seeker

*******Evidently my experience counts for nothing around here.*****

of course it does. Its all interesting.

Msil

I don't fear them, but I don't love them. I do find the concept faSINating though. One of my favorite authors is Ann Rice. you know, the lady who wrote the Vampire Chronicles. Her books fasinate me. I'm reading "Memnock the Devil" right now. The books don't scare me and I don't think I will be cursed because I read her work. IT IS FICTION!. BUT, I would not try to find out if demons REALLY exist. Especially in a search to find out if God exists.

I don't want you to think I am just holed up in a corner reading "Demon Books". I also love true crime, Ann Rule especially. Romance novels? YUK! I like biographys too. Maybe thats why I enjoyed your stories so much.

your friend, CA Sun (hows that for shortening it)

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Well, I don't know what else I have to do to get evil spirit forces to show themselves. I mean, I have tried calling on the Devil, I openly challenged Jehovah to a fight, I immersed myself in demonology -- absolutely nothing happened. I moved on with my life.

But since I'm providing an opinion different than the majority in this thread, I guess I'll rephrase my results to match: The demons exist, but find me boring. Or they exist, and are tormenting me, but are preventing me from being able to notice. Or the demons exist, but are scared of someone like me. Or the demons exist, but would rather keep me an agnostic, and therefore leave me alone. Or...you get the idea.

Look, just read Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World and you'll never be scared of the dark again.

• Sirona
    Sirona

The reason I suggested tapping into higher consciousness is because I thought you were trying to discover if there IS a spirit realm. Raising your awareness makes you more receptive. Ridding yourself of fear does, too. If you are scared about it, you will put up barriers and may never discover anything.

Sirona

• Seeker
    Seeker

Now, one thing Sirona said is intersting: the way the brain works. I do believe there is much more to the brain than we currently understand, and some of what we now chalk up to ESP-like things will one day be explainable as quantum functions of the human mind.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Seeker, quantum physics is in itself as creepy or creepier than the supernatural.

• rem
    rem

bboy,

I'm not sure, but is this the same Necromicon that you were referring to?

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mnecromicon.html

If so, then it sounds as if it is complete fiction to me.

rem

'A scientific opinion is one which there is some reason to believe is true; an unscientific opinion is one which is held for some reason other than its probable truth.' - Bertrand Russell

• Seeker
    Seeker

bboy,

Seeker, quantum physics is in itself as creepy or creepier than the supernatural.

Exactly! I'm convinced that one day we will re-assess many so-called supernatural events as quantum events.

• msil
    msil

Seeker....you crack me up.

Sirona...I intended no disrespect. Thanks for your insights.

I have no intention of exploring and documenting the darkside...I was just wondering if others have asked the same question...

I am like a flip-flop on this issue....perhaps part of me doesn't want to know the answer...next minute part of me does...

Most of what I write is just me being me at that point in time...

Digressing for one second in this thread....here is where I am at in my life:

I prefer to pursue absolutely positive things and have some hurdles I must climb in the next step of my journey...but at this point I am enjoying it TREMENDOUSLY. I have found meaning in life again...true meaning. I hope everyone can find this, without reservation.

I love being free...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit