agnostic.....reality?

by msil 47 Replies latest jw friends

• msil
    msil

I am agnostic. (see no fancy writing stuff)

I dont know if God exists (I think he must - but I dont know). If he does he remains well hidden from me.

I have been having thoughts lately about something....

If I can prove demons exist then can that help me to believe in a spirit realm? Is it easier to prove thats demons exist than to prove God exists? If I can prove they exist, will it strengthen my faith in God?

Should I even mess with this? I know many of you are also agnostic...have you considered this approach?

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

I have thought about this as well. I am coming to the conclusion that all of this is just in our minds. The mind is a powerful thing and it cn decieve us.I spoke to a friend recently who said that her sister is experiencing "Demonic" attacks at night. I posted this on this board and some one put me on to a website that clearly showed that this was a medical problem.

UO

• msil
    msil

where did that post go....??? Simon is that you or a board-demon???

anyway....UO

As a JW I was absolutely terrified about demons....I still carry that fear. But in a way I want to know the answers....I am not comfortable with the ambiguity.... I know I am going tohave to learn to be comfortable with it...but I don't want to.

So I start messing with things...

• Seeker
    Seeker

Part of the empirical approach to testing my new-found lack of belief in WTS teachings was to see if what they said about demons was true. So I read books, saw movies, watched TV shows, all of which the WTS guaranteed me would bring demon attacks. Nothing happened. If there are demons, they leave me alone. More likely, I don't have the kind of brain that imagines this stuff.

Good luck trying to prove their existence.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Hey msil I won't discount that there are or is the possibility of unseen forces humans can tap intoi, mayber some can be used for evil or good, like a hammer is a tool for putting nails down on the roof of a homeless shelter or in the skull of an innocent person. Its up to each one of us to decide what to do with our lifes and tools we have at our disposal.

Unless your like heavily dabbling in some serious necronomicon shiznit, I think your safe to go :)

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

so what have you done?

The Jws instill this fear in us that the demons are around us all the time waiting to attack "Jehovahs true religion" whenever they can.I know off a "sister" that blamed the demons for turning on her oven when she obviously must have turned it on and forgot about it!

UO

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Even if you found proof of some manner of "demon" who's to say they are the spirit creatures from YOUR beliefs?? For all you know they could be ghosts, or aliens, or some manner of spirit creature that has always been around in some form. Now, I don't believe this personally, but proof of the supernatural does not necessarily translate to the Christian supernatural.

• msil
    msil

bboy,

Have you read the necronomicon?

I have a very strong logical aptitude (yeah...go ahead an rip me and prove me wrong :))....and it cannnot leave some things alone...

• msil
    msil

Naeb....ahhh - you are a bright lad!!!

That's a question I cannot get over...I have thought about that for days in the past.

Lets see...

I prove to myself demons exist...will they be demonds external to me (real spirits) or psychosomatic delusions? How would I prove the difference?

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

msil......

I am also an Agnostic. The bible is a great historical document...and thats all there is! It has some very good stuff in it, but inspired? I don't think so.

As far as God is concerned...I haven't made up my mind. Thats why I always say...God, if you are out there.....Thats the great thing about human beings, we have the ability to choose to believe or not. Its as simple as that to me.

What the hell (no pun intended) do you want to try to mess with demons for? Don't we have enough of those guys right here that we can see (Osama Bin Laden for an example)?

Want to tell you again...loved your stories.

Hugs, J

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit