• eclipse
    eclipse

Why?

Do those beds get peed on a lot?

*runs out of the thread*

sorry oracle! for the hijacking

• KW13
    KW13

Any child with a brain that is told 'no' in a situation like this is likely to do it anyway, whether they are child or wait till they are adults i predict several folks will indeed read the books just to spite the society.

• yknot
    yknot

Just FYI,

This more or less is being circulated through out the "Christian" world. I have about 20 different emails in my inbox about the movie, from various friends from other denominations.

We only have one theatre in my town and the manager isn't planning on holding any showings. So I guess in some cases this boycott is having an effect.

But you know what they say in Showbiz, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Y

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Maybe a warning should go out to the Christan parents to never let their children read the Bible, for it has to be the the most murderous blood letting book that

was ever printed and circulated in history.......... psychological damage may occur

• eclipse
    eclipse

The Golden Compass stories are no more scary than the ones in the ''My Book of Bible Stories''.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose
    You can google a synapsis of the The Golden Compass ,

This made me laugh. When a person grossly misuses a word, as they did here, it really makes them seem like they don't know what they are talking about. Their whole cover of pseudo intelligence is blown.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Ill definitely see it and read them now lol. BTW Truman Show was totally a jw eye opener in my opinion.

• shell69
    shell69

I worlk in the cinema industry, and without a doubt this is one of the more anticipated movies released this year.

And Daniela Graig's in it!.

Demons, demons ets,

Yet they warned all the dubs against Harry Potter 5 years ago! Didnt work then, wont work now.

Shell 69

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Comment from a little "Christian soldier":

#3 Luna said on November 9, 2007:

I'm 13 and I heard about this from my dad, who received a warning email about the movie. I looked into researching the entire movie and what Pullman said, and I'll say it myself - I am ENGRAGED with this horrid man and his intention on killing God. For Pete's sake, how idiotic is this man? His "Adam and Eve kill God" is a misinterpretation on the book of Genesis. Adam and Eve did NOT choose to not believe in God, they just chose wisdom over Him. This man once believed in God, it's evident, if he knows the book of Genesis. That means he's not atheist...he's SATANIST!
    My friend and her brother handed out flyers advising people NOT to see this movie and saying what it's about and what it's propoganda for. We met together and we've decided that she, another friend, and I are convincing three local youth groups (two of which we attend) to do a "Golden Compass" protest outside a local theater on the date of its release and the day after. The Lord is an important part of my life and anyone who criticizes or tries to destroy belief in Him is dead to me.I understand that the protest will just bring more attention to the movie but if we phrase our posters right and such, we CAN and we WILL encourage people to boycott!
    GOD IS KING ABOVE ALL!

http://www.danzfamily.com/archives/2007/10/the_golden_compass_movie_by_philip_pullm.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit