Sherri Shepard EXJW On "The View"

by Sunspot 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am watching this program....and Sherri Shepard just said she was raised as a JW and how strict their beliefs were. She was asked what JWs believe---and she answered that they teach that when Jesus comes back to destroy the earth, that ONLY JWs will be allowed to live on the new earth that will be made.

She also said how she HATED going out on Saturday mornings to knock on doors, and that it was tough when her father got disassociated (she had to stop and explain what that meant) and that she could no longer talk to him.

A LOT of women (who are at home :o) watch this show.....and I am applauding her saying this so all who are watching this will hear these two points and remeber them the next time JWs call at their houses!

Facts that ONLY JWs will be saved when Jesus comes back---and JWs told NOT to speak to those who leave or are kicked out of the religion.....two GREAT points to be aired like this on national TV!

YAY!

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I just happened to turn on the show as they started talking about the JWs. I thought I heard her say her father was disfellowshipped (but I could have heard wrong).

The main thing to me was she said he was disfellowshipped BECAUSE he was questioning their teachings & asking too many questions !!!

Wish I could hear it again.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

WOOHOO!

My mother watches this show!

• bem
    bem

I seen that too I was so proud of the way she answered the questions from the other women on the show, they asked specific questions and she gave pointed answers that were very meaningful, I have never, ever written to a show before , but I did this time, I went to the View website and sent a kudos email to the show for Sherri. I've always liked her but I admire her now!

• dawg
    dawg

That makes my ever loving freaking day... thanks for sharing... I'm going to try and find a clip on utube

• bem
    bem

If you find a clip post it for us, I am busy so won't have a chance for a while to search for one but I can check back here easily, Thanks btw if you do.

Maybe the nightly news program has given actors/celebrities the courage, incentive to come forward and speak out , be one of the best ways to get the news out on the destruction the jw's have caused.

• carla
    carla

It would probably be nice to send Sherri some thanks and support as she may get ripped for this. It only takes a minute to send a comment to The View.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We don't get the show today on the West Coast (Comcast) because of College Football, that sucks. Could someone post the clip?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Here's a View link:

http://abc.go.com/daytime/theview/index

I don't know if Jonathon Rhys Meyers (aka MrSexy)() was on today or yesterday.

They might show a video of Sherri's clip later today or tomorrow.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

That was yesterday-no mention of the story. Maybe someone might find a link. 2 knockout punches in 1 week-not bad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit