Elder Pedophiles that you personally know of . . .

by JK666 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• okie46
    okie46

I personally knew of one without a doubt, he was accused by several young ones of molesting them, but for years, the elders in that congregation did not believe them and even told the accusers they would be disfellowshipped if they kept talking about it. Eventually this elder admitted to molesting dozens of young people. I heard the number was either 30 or 50, but that may have been inflated. Sadly, I think his son may have been one of them. The son was disfellowshipped as an adult for being homosexual and eventually committed suicide. The scary part is that when I was a teenager, about 14, this elder counseled me privately, alone in his home for what was considered loose conduct and now I wonder if he used that information for his own sexual gratification or if I had been one of his intended targest. I do know several young people that he caused much pain and grief to and it scars them to this day. He was disfellowshipped for a year and then reinstated, but the young people he abused still suffer and his son who was one of my beloved friends could not deal with his emotional pain and ended his life. I knew of a couple of other men in another congregation, though not elders that also were pedophiles. One served time in prison and was disfellowshipped and coming to meetings to be reinstated. There was never an announcement made from the stage, but book study conductors were warning parents to keep on eye on their young ones around him and especially to not let them go to the rest room alone, and that was at the kingdom hall of all places.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

There was one sick F*&^ in our congo that molested his two young daughters. He's still an elder. His wife and kids are no longer JW's.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We had a R&F brother in this congo who was convicted of molesting his children. I don't think the elders did anything to report it - but the mother did. They divorced, he was disfellowshipped, later reinstated I think, but never really returned to the 'flock'. He was a troubled person IMO, and the religion had nothing to do with his actions.

An elder in a close congregation - and I will name him - Glen Gerber - was found to have molested several young boys in the area. He was disfellowshipped, but I don't think he was ever turned into the police. Last I knew he headed toward California. That was many years ago.

Jeff

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

marking for later

• blondie
    blondie

What is just a serious is not that they are an elder but that elders know they are molesters and let them remain hidden in the congregation able to molest again with just a slap on the wrist. And they do not report it to the authorities. Imagine if a brother murdered someone and confessed to the elders and the elders did not report it to the police...could they be held liable...of course. The WTS takes certain scriptures and says that if a person knows of wrongdoing and does not report it they are as guilty as the perpetrator.

My molester was not an elder, but 2 elders knew about it and did nothing until I brought it to the attention of the CO and DO and threatened to go higher. That was 24 years ago and he was never turned into the police.

• misguided
    misguided

I was sexually abused by 2 "brothers" as a teenager.... 1 was an elder.

I was silenced.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I know of 3 brothers™ in British Columbia who molested at least one person. I was told 2 eventually became elders, but I believe they've since been removed. To my knowledge they are still JWs in good standing.

W

• eclipse
    eclipse

I know of one elder who abused his two step-daughters (one was a child from his wife, and one was their niece they had custody of) starting when they were only 2 years old till they were in their early teens.

And he also molested his other neice.

The biological daughter of her mother was DF'd for speaking out against him..

He remained an elder and believed by his BOE up until he was formally charged by the courts.

He is no longer an elder, (that I know of) but is still an active JW with his wife (the biological mother of one of the girls).

She is as much to blame as he is for rejecting her daughter and neice,not protecting them when they told her what he was doing,

and for not believing them.

Her biological daughter has nothing to do with her mother., neither do her two neices have anything to do with her. She is still a JW.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

The one that abused me wasn't an elder but an active jw. The one that abused my ex was not only an elder, was also a PO, and CO at the time when he abused many witness children, in many congregations. Allegations were brought against him in the eighties, which he denied and the child involved was made out to be a liar and his family was devastated by the lack of action on the part of the elders.

He was taken to court by one of his victims about 7 years ago, my ex also gave a testimony to the court regarding his abuse by the sicko. Because he was now in his eighties, he got house arrest, was finally Df'd due to the media coverage and then moved to an entirely new area when he was reinstated, and is in good standing in the congregation. (It's been estimated this guy abused at least 30 children, including his own grandchildren during his course of leadership with the borg.) I know of another great friend abused by her father, an elder at the time. And three other congregations where pedophiles were accused and "dealt" with, without police involvement.

Yet they don't have a "problem" in the organization, HA!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

elder in rutherglen - not df to my knowledge

elder in east kilbride (consensual but underage) - prison but not df

m.s. in paisley - prison and df

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit