Elder Pedophiles that you personally know of . . .

by JK666 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    I did. We had an elder that molested his daughter's best friend when she was 14 years old. The elders in the congregation tried to keep the matter quiet and handled the matter privately. Unfortunately for the BOE, he did not stop the hanky and the panky, and it became a local scandal. Both of them were disfellowshipped, he got divorced from his wife, and married the girl when she was legally old enough.

Did this happen in California? I heard of a similar case. The elder was apparently peeking through a peep hole when the girl undressed ... drugging his wife so she'd be delirious ...

I knew of an MS who had several instances of molestation against him. He first molested a teenager then years later it was discovered he was molesting his wife's niece who was living with them. Eventually he did get disfellowshipped but no legal action was taken against him.

I also know of an elder who was disfellowshipped for molesting several young girls. He moved away and got reinstated. No legal action yet again.

• conanne
    conanne

An elder in a northern Michigan congregation not only sexually abused his daughter, but killed himself in her bedroom when she turned him in. And, in a Bay City, Michigan congregation there is a brother that has abused his own daughters and another relative and yet all he had was some restrictions placed on him (not giving talks or answering at meetings for a short time). I'm sure there are more, but I haven't been to the hall in years.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

So much for this being a "rare" occurrence. (((dawg))) I feel your pain. And anger. The lies and acceptance just kills me. I knew a MS who molested my best friend. She was 13. DANNY JENSON in Georgetown, South Carolina. He ended up going to a psych ward. No jail time. And got out and went right back to the KH. And to his wife and two children.

All of this is just beyond unbelievable.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I was in 3rd grade...my dad's gf (if you wanna call her that) was in the 6th. Three years later he was df'ed (after being arrested and the Witnesses listed in the paper) and the elders quit telling my mom she needed to go back to her husband because even though she saw it, it didn't count because there weren't two JEHOVAH's WITNESS witnesses (the 1,500 people in town who knew about it didn't count)....but they never came by to apologise either.

He wasn't an elder...he was a ministerial servant.

Does it matter? Even the sheep of the fold are supposed to be there because Joe Hoba gives the elders the vision to tell that a 10 year old kid is about to make the biggest decision in his or her life and understands it. Much easier it must be to tell if an adult knows what they are doing and can be so honored to be a publisher and hand out some of the best firestarter known to man.

But I get it, elders are supposed to find 'em...not be 'em.

• JK666
    JK666

bluesapphire,

No, the pervert that I described was from Indiana, not California. It just shows that this is a local problem - everywhere.

JK

• stillconcerned
  • GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

My friend who is now dissed and has been dissed at least 3 other times over "fornication". Her step-father was an elder and molested her from 6th grade and up. He finally confessed about 10 years ago. He lost his elder position, nobody ever contacted the authorities, and her mother told her "well my step-father molested me, but he was a good step-father" and then her mom and step-father went off for their anniversary/2nd honeymoon. I told my "god mother" about it long before it came out and she told me I was lying. Then when it came out, she couldn't say anything. I really, really want to turn him in, but she's an adult now and it was so long ago. She won't cooperate and I don't really have any proof other than what she told me. However, I could scare the BOE to alert the congregation by telling them I'm going to the authorities if they don't let families know that he is a pedophile. It's been bothering me for years and years. But what can I do if she won't do anything? I know this is the reason why she has ran from man to man to man and keeps getting dissed for fornication. She's pretty messed up.

• stillconcerned
  • jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Im not proud of this but I know a few.

One guy, now dead, abused his daughter for years and was a prominent and loved elder. Interestingly, his wife committed suicide years earlier and he found her under his bed, dead..........hhhhmmmmmmmm.

A really god friend of mine was abused by and elder and there is an elder in the local cong who was accused but only by one witness, steped down and was reappointed before the new ruling was brought in.

I know of heaps of other stories, not elders though, alot of guys in there 20's fiddling around with 10-14 year olds.

If you are part of a society that constantly links sex with sin, eventually they become inextricably linked and ones sexuality will have guilt associated with it.

The results are obvious and sad.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Oh, I know of way too many for one person...

One elder in the 80's confessed to molesting his two daughters over years, got df'd. One ministerial servant, molested his foster daughter, confessed, got df'd. Another, when about to be made MS, accused of raping girl many years ago, didn't confess, still active. Two older teenagers molesting much younger children, both reproved and sent to bethel a few years later (I am not kidding!) Three other men, not servants, two went to jail, the other I don't know what happened.

Oh and and incident in our congo a few years ago where a newer couple with a beautiful little girl was heard yelling at 3 elders in the parking lot after hours, at the top of their voices, for all the neighbours to hear, about a pedophile in the congregation and why weren't they warned!. Then they moved out. I do not know who the man was, but it was my congo and all the servants were talking about how shameful it was to yell it out in the parking lot like that and bring reproach on Jehovah's name. I said, "Good for them" If it was me, and my kid, I would have yelled it from the KH roof with a bullhorn!"

With the exception of the long-time well-know elder who confessed and was df'd and it was public knowledge, the other incidents were all related to me by people who were directly involved in the cases (victims, family, or witnesses) and confided in me because I was close to them. So these are just incidents I know of from my own little circle of acquaintances. One person, and I have knowledge of 8 incidents directly from my personal acquaintances! Barbara Anderson's number does not seem far-fetched to me at all. I'm guessing it is a conservative number. How many children never tell?

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit