Elder Pedophiles that you personally know of . . .

by JK666 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JK666
    JK666

After the ambiguous response by the WTS to the NBC broadcast, I would like to know how many of you had an "Elder Chester Molester" in your own congregation?

I did. We had an elder that molested his daughter's best friend when she was 14 years old. The elders in the congregation tried to keep the matter quiet and handled the matter privately. Unfortunately for the BOE, he did not stop the hanky and the panky, and it became a local scandal. Both of them were disfellowshipped, he got divorced from his wife, and married the girl when she was legally old enough.

The Watchtower response was that this is a "rare" problem. I want to see if this is a local problem that happens EVERYWHERE!

JK

• Confession
    Confession

There very definitely was an elder pedophile in the congregation where I served as an elder. I know because I was the chairman of the judicial committee that dealt with it. Below is the four-part series I wrote about the experience, for any so inclined to read it.

Former elder want your advice--PART 1

Former elder wants your advice--PART 2

Former elder wants your advice--PART 3

Former elder wants your advice--PART 4

• Gayle
    Gayle

What is scary, is that in the US there are 12,300 congregations, there is an alleged 23k+ molesters,,that's almost 2 per congregation, scary...The WTS in their news release today mentioned the number of 'caught' elders sued, and not to mention of possible ministerial servants, pioneers or others. Since I have grown & left the WTS, I have learned of one congregation servant molesting decades ago, one elder molesting & has since died and one circuit overseer sexually accosting a young teenage boy, who has since grown and has since died.

• flipper
    flipper

JK- Great subject, how apropos , considering the news release ! When this whole child molestation crisis started being divulged that some breaking story was about to come down on the witnesses last October 2006 , I checked the internet on Megan's Law in which in California you can see the names of registered sex offenders in any given local area. I checked where I was raised in Bakersfield , and found out of 1,000 names about 7 or 8 who were Jehovah' Witnesses, a couple of them were elders whose wives divorced them for being pedophiles. It seems that the societies claims that this is a " rare " problem is certainly not true.

I was at a meeting in 1998 in which a brother jumped up after the watchtower study and grabbed the microphone and yelled out to the congregation , " I want everybody to know that brother so and so sitting right over there is a child molester and has hurt several children here locally. Please protect your children . " The molesters face turned red and a lot of mumbling in the crowd began. Then the elder grabbed the microphone back from the brother and said, " Friends, we are aware of this and we are handling it. " But nobody would have known about it if not for the courageous brother shouting this out. He became my new hero of the day. Eventually the molester was dfed and his weird wife took him back, in spite of the fact he went tp prison for his crimes . But I often wondered, had it not been for the courage of the one brother speaking out, how many more victims would this molester have hurt ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I was at a meeting in 1998 in which a brother jumped up after the watchtower study and grabbed the microphone and yelled out to the congregation , " I want everybody to know that brother so and so sitting right over there is a child molester and has hurt several children here locally. Please protect your children . " The molesters face turned red and a lot of mumbling in the crowd began. Then the elder grabbed the microphone back from the brother and said, " Friends, we are aware of this and we are handling it. " But nobody would have known about it if not for the courageous brother shouting this out. He became my new hero of the day. Eventually the molester was dfed and his weird wife took him back, in spite of the fact he went tp prison for his crimes . But I often wondered, had it not been for the courage of the one brother speaking out, how many more victims would this molester have hurt ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Dear Mr. Flipper,

WOW! What a brave soul!! Think of how many young ones were spared!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thankfully, I know of none personally.

I suspect a couple, but that's meaningless.

But I do know of many non-elder JW's that committed abusive acts, and in one case, though there were several young victims, an asshole elder advised the parents that they must not report it to the police ( that was before I was on the BOE).

• Odrade
    Odrade

Two, in two different congregations. And one more, ministerial servant.

• JK666
    JK666

Oh geez! I watched Barbara Anderson's interview on NBC with my JW mother. We talked about it later, and she reminded me of another elder that molested his daughter for years as she was growing up. He was the prominent elder that headed up dramas for district conventions, and was considered an uber elder locally.

And a female friend of mine growing up was molested by her JW father (non-elder). I am sure that none of these two incidents were reported to the police.

So that is a total of 2 elders and 1 R&F brother that I can think of right now. If my memory gets jogged again I will add to the list.

JK

• avishai
    avishai

for some reason it won't let me link it, but look up Marvin Barger on the megan's law website.....

Molested his kids, did some other stuff that I don' wanna talk about....

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

2 elders and 1 MS.

Additionally my former congregation has an xpioneer and xMS child molester, presently in good standing with the org. Female 5 - 13yrs is the age group of interest to him. Individuals at risk are not being warned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit