Creationism is Stupid, Stupid, STOOOOPID!

by Farkel 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    someone with REAL evidence to disprove evolution and prove special creation

or vice versa....is/are beating their respective heads off a brick wall since neither is willing to even consider that the other may be right.

this is because each parties faith is much stronger that eithers facts (can't be bothered working out where the apostrophes go)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tijkmo

'neither is willing to even consider that the other may be right.

this is because each parties faith is much stronger that eithers facts'

The thing is, most of us used to be creationists. I was, both as a jw, and as a christian for two yrs after that. I finally, had to go w the evidence, and the lack of evidence for creation and its appendages. So really, your above statement doesn't hold water for most of the evolutionsts here. However, on the part of the creationsts, it may well be true.

S

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The thing is, most of us used to be creationists. I was, both as a jw, and as a christian for two yrs after that. I finally, had to go w the evidence, and the lack of evidence for creation and its appendages. So really, your above statement doesn't hold water for most of the evolutionsts here. However, on the part of the creationsts, it may well be true.

oscillating syllogism non?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Each of us see life all around us and often are emotionally motivated by it! It is difficult to prove that evolution has conjured an emotion which attaches our soul felt essence to our environment in ways which force us to conclude it is all futile and chance and may as well just be a dark void, which in probability terms would be a scenario with a higher degree of likelihood. Emotions often are at odds with reason and are more powerful as far as their influences on our personal experience is concerned. So it may be argued that they influence the world of humanity far more than does reason and logic - for the moment!

• Satanus
    Satanus

oscillating syllogism

Neither i, nor google know what that is.

S

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

housing a narrow birth canal that is unfortunately located right next to the filthiest part of the human body.

Um, not really. Belief that "down there" is part of the body with the most germs is more a reflection of prejudices against our bodies and lingering potty-training trauma (multi-generational). Hands are actually "dirtier".

Some, like me, believe that God created each kind (sparrow, finch, eagle, etc).

Hmm...pretty crowded ark, then. Unless He came out of retirement after the flood.

[Marijuana is] a gateway drug. it's classification is up there as a controlled substance. isn't heroin and marijuana just as punishable by law?

Sounds a bit dated, does anyone really push this post-Reagan? It's not viewed that way in the substance abuse community that I'm aware of, this may just be more hysteria (like our filthy bodies). PS - herion and marijuana are listed as separate classes of substances, and my limited viewing has been that possession/use of the two are not "equally" punished everywhere. But I'm a California kid, and we all know about California, eh?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Neither i, nor google know what that is.

lol...give it a couple of million years and maybe google will come up with an explanation..

or you could try entering the words seperately..

or you could just work it out from the highlighted sentences

(in any case it don't make you STOOOOPID..and it certainly don't make me a genius)

• Farkel
    Farkel

tijkmo,

: oscillating syllogism non?

You wouldn't know a syllogism from your butt.

Firstly, a syllogism is an argument, and your statement dealt not with an argument from the poster you attacked, but a with a few statements which you, in your infinite wisdom presumed to call a syllogism. There was no syllogism in those few statements. A syllogism is two assertions and a conclucion which must necessarily follow from those assertions.

So, for the dummies in here, including me, please state what those two assertions were and the conclusion that was made based upon those assertions. Please be specific.

Please don't oscillate, obfuscate, and please don't bloviate. No one likes any of those nasty traits, except those who exhibit them.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Void Eater,

You said:

housing a narrow birth canal that is unfortunately located right next to the filthiest part of the human body.

Um, not really. Belief that "down there" is part of the body with the most germs is more a reflection of prejudices against our bodies and lingering potty-training trauma (multi-generational). Hands are actually "dirtier".

Some, like me, believe that God created each kind (sparrow, finch, eagle, etc).

Hmm...pretty crowded ark, then. Unless He came out of retirement after the flood.

[Marijuana is] a gateway drug. it's classification is up there as a controlled substance. isn't heroin and marijuana just as punishable by law?

Sounds a bit dated, does anyone really push this post-Reagan? It's not viewed that way in the substance abuse community that I'm aware of, this may just be more hysteria (like our filthy bodies). PS - herion and marijuana are listed as separate classes of substances, and my limited viewing has been that possession/use of the two are not "equally" punished everywhere. But I'm a California kid, and we all know about California, eh?

I've known a few stoners in my life, and you sir just might be a stoner.

Farkel

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Farkel dear.

I love you. Now please go to bed.

This was posted before, but this s brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzf8q9QHfhI&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit