Creationism is Stupid, Stupid, STOOOOPID!

by Farkel 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

OK. I used to believe in Creationism even after I left the dubs. But then again, what did I know? I was a braindead window washer at the time. I don't believe in Creationism now, but I do believe in a Creator and that is different.

By the way, the term "Creationism" (which is an honest term) has disappeared from the lexicon of True Believers(tm) within the last ten years and been replaced by them with "Intelligent Design" (a less honest term). No doubt the term Intelligent Design (ID) was coined to make the notion of Creationism sound more like a scientific theory than just a personal belief.

How can I believe in a Creator and call ID stupid? Let me answer that with a little story:

A scientist prays and asks to speak to God. God appears to him and the scientist tells him humans don't need him any more so God should just go away and never come back. When God asks why, the scientist tells him humans have decoded human and animal genomes, can produce creatures and organs in laboratories and can replace bad organs with good ones.

God replies, "Ok, I'll go away if you want, but will you take a challenge from me first?" The scientist agrees. God says "The challenge is for each of us to make a human from scratch," to which the scientist scoffingly laughs and says, "No problem, God. We can already do that."

God then tells the scientist, "There is only one catch: You'll have to first create your own dirt!"

To believe that God took a direct hand in the creation of every creature and plant and evolution played no part in that process would be a huge insult to any real God. This belief requires also believing that God is still busy with his creating. AIDS was unknown only 30 years ago. Molecular biologists have discovered that the AIDS-causing virus HID evolved from a relatively harmless virus found in small primates. Scientists created drugs to combat the virus, but then watched the HIV virus evolve again to be immune to those drugs. This has happened many times in just a few decades. The same thing has happened to dangerous strains of bacteria.

While Creationists insist that evolution is unprovable because it occurred over millenia which is not observable to humans, they cannot account for the fact that scientists observe live evolution with their own eyes due to the fact that an entire generation of viruses and bacteria occurs in just hours, not decades.

If one believes that God has/had a direct hand in the creation of every organism, then one must also believe that God is busy right now sabotaging humans by continuing to redesign organisms to kill us after we have found ways to defeat them.

Any real God would be insulted at such a notion.

Another insult to any real God would be to insist that God made humans the way they are. Humans are at best an adequate compromise. Big headed human babies not infrequently die or are disfigured at birth in a narrow pelvis housing a narrow birth canal that is unfortunately located right next to the filthiest part of the human body. What's with that? While having a narrow pelvis makes giving birth very painful and often dangerous, it also helps us to walk more efficiently than we would with a wide pelvis. So it's an adaquate compromise.

Why do humans have DNA for tails? What's with that? It makes sense if we long ago shed our tails while our rear ends became larger to help us keep our balance as bipeds as some scientists who study human locomotion now believe. Also an adequate compromise.

Why do we have to poop so often? A truly intelligent designer could easily come up with a way to super compress and detoxify our waste which could be stored in a bodily warehouse and we could then poop it out through the bottom of our feet in dry, sanitary pellets once a year! On our birthday!

While we're at it, why not have two arms and hands on each side of our body and longer fingers with more joints on our hands? How hard would that be for the designer and creator of the Universe?

Why do men have nipples? What's with that? What good are they?

So the human body must be an acceptable compromise, honed to its present state by millenia of trial and error.

And if you believe that crap which says all those deadly viruses and bacteria
    is man's fault because of sin, then you truly believe in a sick, perverted, sadist God. You believe in a God who, even at this moment stays busy changing those deadly organisms to make sure they stay deadly after we have found ways to defeat them. And he is busy making NEW ones, too! Bird flu is one of them, but he must have a large list because we're getting better at neutralizing the ones he's already given us.

If all humans had believed in Intelligent Design including those today, we would have taken for granted that human disease was the way God intended, and there would have been no need to study biology other than to make lists of every new creature we discovered. Also, our species might have died out without any advances in our understanding of regular biology, science and molecular biology.

After all of this, why do I still believe in a Creator? Well, where did the dirt we are made of come from?

Farkel

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Potter makes vessel out of clay.

Clay vessel questions potter on why this, why that?

Bottom line is, there are numerous ways to explain why things are the way they are.

Any reasonable creationist knows that adaptation (micro-evolution, if you will) occurs.

However, that is where the camps split.

Some, like me, believe that God created each kind (sparrow, finch, eagle, etc).

Others believe one kind evolved into another kind.

There is no proof for the latter belief. All proof thus far points to the former belief.

Is Creationism stupid? No.

Is macro-evolution a stretch of the imagination without proof of one kind evolving into another? Yes.

BA- Not stupid.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    is man's fault because of sin,

Bacteria was here before man. I beleive if not for bacteria no life forms would be here at all. OK, I will find something to back that up. BRB

purps

• Farkel
    Farkel
    is man's fault because of sin,

:Bacteria was here before man. I beleive if not for bacteria no life forms would be here at all. OK, I will find something to back that up. BRB

Look up "nonsequitur." My statement had virtually nothing to do with whether man or bacterial came first, but rather the notion of whether deadly bacteria and viruses were the result of sin. Every scientist worthy of the title knows that bacteria was around for eons before any other animal life. Also every scientist knows that our bodies are loaded with bacterial, almost all of which is good for us.

Viruses are another matter: they do NOTHING good. Their job is to invade and painfully destroy living hosts.

Farkel

• 5go
    5go

Creationism is christianty throwing in the towel in my opinion.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Look up "nonsequitur." My statement had virtually nothing to do with whether man or bacterial came first, but rather the notion of whether deadly bacteria and viruses were the result of sin. Every scientist worthy of the title knows that bacteria was around for eons before any other animal life. Also every scientist knows that our bodies are loaded with bacterial, almost all of which is good for us.

My Awake PHD, sorry..........

purps

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Any reasonable creationist knows that adaptation (micro-evolution, if you will) occurs.'

There is nothing but microevolution. Macroevolution is made from microevolution.

'Others believe one kind evolved into another kind.

There is no proof for the latter belief. All proof thus far points to the former belief.'

Archeology has lots of evidence that points to this. Take the whale as an example - an air breathing mammal, vesigial limbs, fur on the fetus at a stage of its development.

Genetics is the smoking gun.

S

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

neither creation nor evolution is "provable"

both require the same amount of faith

• 5go
    5go

Viruses are another matter: they do NOTHING good. Their job is to invade and painfully destroy living hosts.

Farkel

No farkel that idea is changing some viruses are start out benefiting a certain species then mutate and become bad to another.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:neither creation nor evolution is "provable"

:both require the same amount of faith

Rubbish. Science require theories which must be testable. The highest degree of certainty in science is a theory. Evolution is a theory. It is testable and has been tested as my thread (which you likely didn't bother to read or comprehend). That evolution exists has been proven and observed in real time is a fact. There is no faith involved.

Creationism is not a theory, because it is untestable. It is a faith.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit