Creationism is Stupid, Stupid, STOOOOPID!

by Farkel 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I don't understand. Isn't logic counter to mysticism and god belief

Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves

Fides et Ratio

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I would like to ask a question . Of what importance is the ultimate answer to the question of a "God" existing or no ?

I too side with farkel in his manifesto about the initial event that spawned this reality. Something happened and now we are here.

The attempt to accertain the proof of a divine being is, frankly , arrogant in the extreme and one of the most ludicris and childish things that mankind has ever attempted.

We have no option but to base our understanding only upon events within our experience . Thats a cold hard truth, anything other than this and we are just pissing in the wind and whistling in the dark.

It is within my experience to know that we are all miracles and all of creation is a profound and magical thing.

http://members.shaw.ca/yofrizb

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Farkel

To believe that God took a direct hand in the creation of every creature and plant and evolution played no part in that process would be a huge insult to any real God. This belief requires also believing that God is still busy with his creating. AIDS was unknown only 30 years ago. Molecular biologists have discovered that the AIDS-causing virus HID evolved from a relatively harmless virus found in small primates. Scientists created drugs to combat the virus, but then watched the HIV virus evolve again to be immune to those drugs. This has happened many times in just a few decades. The same thing has happened to dangerous strains of bacteria.

First things first. The AIDS virus is still a virus. It hasn't evolved into a higher form of life.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

LOL I love it when I see people mentioning the Big Bang, cosmology and abiogenesis under the topic of evolution. Shows they don't actually have a clue what evolution is. It's none of those things.

• onacruse
    onacruse

bluev:

We have no option but to base our understanding only upon events within our experience.

I totally agree.

It is within my experience to know that we are all miracles and all of creation is a profound and magical thing.

Considering your first statement above, I would ask: How exactly can you intrinsically share (prove?) your experience with another human being?

I respectfully submit that your statements are mutually exclusive.

• serotonin_wraith
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Deputy,

First things first. The AIDS virus is still a virus. It hasn't evolved into a higher form of life.

The first case of AIDS has been traced back to Africa in 1925. This is a microsecond in evolutionary terms. One cannot say what in millions of years the AIDS virus would be, or even whether it would still exist in some mutated form.

One of the biggest problems that I have noticed in creationist thinking is an inability to understand what evolution really is, and then to be able to grasp that our lifetime is not even a blink of an eye geologically. I blame St. Augustine for all this, but that is a matter for another day.

As an aside, the Catholic Curch has been able to accept "God ordained" evolution since the 1950's. Why do they not see the issue as an assault on their faith? Or are they as the WTS claim, owned by Satan? ;)

HS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Frankly I could handle evolution/atheism better than religion/creationism.

At least if the former were correct, I don't have anything to fear from death. I'm not afraid to die, and the way this life is working out, oblivion seems almost comforting.

If the latter were correct, I'm screwed. I hope it doesn't hurt.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Why bother? I've got better things to read and do.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Happy Dad,

Oh geesh................Farkel Almighty has spoken once again...........and we all are supposed to bow down at his feet! It has been quite a long time since you have been a regular here Farkel.........why? Has it taken you this long to pen something to get the attention that you so desire? I never could understand why people such as yourself......view youself....as a legend in your own mind.........and then there are the unintelligent.......who can't figure out two plus two..........who think you and your ilk are the answer to all of XJW's belief dilemas. Spout on Ohmighty Farkel. HappyDad

It is always nice to hear from one of our resident Christians. ;)

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit