Hating God?

by avidbiblereader 50 Replies latest jw friends

• AnneB
    AnneB

Does anyone remember a little pamphlet WT put out entitled "In Search of a Father"? Briefly, a father goes away from his family for a period of time but sends back money for whatever the family needs. One of the sons turns things around and claims that he is supporting the family; he doesn't let them know that the father really cares and is making provision for them. One day the whole thing gets found out...

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    One day the whole thing gets found out...

And it's just around the corner? Any day now? Just a little longer?

nj

• AnneB
    AnneB
    One day the whole thing gets found out...

And it's just around the corner? Any day now? Just a little longer?

That's what helps you figure out the false prophet(s)!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Maybe it's because God is fear and ignorance and men create and derive power and money off that fear and ignorance !

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

From another thread -

Since God's were developed and structured on human ignorance is it socially responsible for us today to believe in one or many ? .........ummmmm

In a contrary suggestion perhaps it is are responsibility for the benefit of mankind today to leave behind are past ignorances and work within the known

reality of the world we live in.

I personally think that it would be better for the sake of mankind to accept and embrace the fact that ancient times were indeed ignorant times

Mankind on his own initiative as made the human experience better for himself with intensionally distancing with any religious ideology intact.

I am an atheist as you can tell but I'm also a humanist at heart as well.

• new boy
    new boy

Sad as it seems that many here have thrown out the "baby with the bath water"....Bath water being organized religions....

Just because you were wrong about your old God...(Jehovah).

Doesn't being you can't be wrong again...about how things really work with Him/Her.

What if I told you that everything that happens on this planet is perfect..What if I told you YOU are perfect?

What if I told you YOU picked your life...YOU picked your parents.YOU picked who you married...

I think most here would say, I don't know "What in the Hell" I was talking about.

All I can say is, don't take it out on God, just because you could be all wrong about Him/Her again!

You had it wrong in the pass...Do really think your "right" now?

• AnneB
    AnneB

All I can say is, don't take it out on God, just because you could be all wrong about Him/Her again!

You had it wrong in the pass...Do really think your "right" now?

I don't think people are as much "taking it out on God" as they are being upset that they were given a faulty framework on which to build.

I think most people are simply (and honestly!) looking for a real starting point.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Many here claim they no longer believe in the Witness religion as I also believe they are wrong, but hanging on to this hatred of God, could it be that one may still believe deep down inside whether they admit it here or not, they may still believe even a small glimmer that the Witness could be right and continue to EQUATE the organization with God? Remember talking about what the Witnesses did to you, is just the people that you thought were God's spokesmen. It amazes me, that so many who spent the best part of their life and studied the Bible can so easily throw ALL that away, can be so easily turned from what their mind and heart told them for years? And for what?????

I ask myself that same question a wile back, I was not sure if I was afraid that maybe there was a slight chance that the witnesses got it right and I was just trying to convince myself that they were wrong. Of course I came to the realisation that this fear was a side affect of the mind control and now that fear is gone.

Now for the last thing you said, "It amazes me, that so many who spent the best part of their life and studied the Bible can so easily throw ALL that away, can be so easily turned from what their mind and heart told them for years? And for what?????"

Well I had to restudy the bible because every thing I knew about it came from that same org. that mind f&*k me so what my "mind and heart told me" was not MY mind but what they put in it. I don't throw all of it away I just don't take everything in it as absolute and true.

I don't hate god I just hate the god of the bible, if he is real and I doubt it.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Why hate God? I suppose because of the ways his "followers" portray him.

If God is inspiring men to cruelty, the He is a cruel God deserving of hatred.

If God is the all-powerful entity some men say, then He allows suffering and is deserving of hatred.

If God is all-knowing as some men say, then He already knows all outcomes and the current world stage is irrelevent.

God cannot be all-knowing and all-powerful with some plan to do something about what's going on here at some future point without also being completely deserving hatred, dismissal or disbelief.

VoidEater - Right because I write I am

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

BA: I think 'ricky already outted himself over on the Tech Support board...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit