Hating God?

by avidbiblereader 50 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

WHY?

I cannot but read many of the posts in which God/Jehovah or even Christ is ridiculed, mocked and even hated? So I ask the question WHY?

What has God ever done to you personally? I know that most of us have had to deal with "an earthly man made organization" that has equated itself with God and many have been damaged or hurt beyond belief, with everyones stories all sounding familar.

I can understand hating the organization or being offended, hurt, ect... at the leaders of the organization, but why God?

Many here claim they no longer believe in the Witness religion as I also believe they are wrong, but hanging on to this hatred of God, could it be that one may still believe deep down inside whether they admit it here or not, they may still believe even a small glimmer that the Witness could be right and continue to EQUATE the organization with God? Remember talking about what the Witnesses did to you, is just the people that you thought were God's spokesmen. It amazes me, that so many who spent the best part of their life and studied the Bible can so easily throw ALL that away, can be so easily turned from what their mind and heart told them for years? And for what?????

I "hear" the threads and posts wishing HE would speak, He has in the past on limited occasions and everything is occurring as spoken of in His Word, when He speaks again and no longer remains silent with the abuse thrown at Him, will you continue in your mindset or not?

Respectfully,abr

• Gopher
    Gopher

I disagree, at least in my case. How can I hate that in which I do not believe?

I don't take the position that you can disprove the existence of any god, or prove it. Is there a chance some small hyperactive organization (like the JW's, or name your favorite totalitiarian belief system) is right? Maybe, but not enough for me to believe.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Couldn't agree more.

Many that think they have left the JWs have only stopped attending meetings, but their mindset is identical to what it was when they were in.

Black and white, absolute truth, as gullible as ever!

They've just replaced God with scientists, religion with science, and the Bible with science textbooks.

They fail to realize that to the making of many books there is no end, and there's only one, the Bible, that can provide real, forever lasting benefits.

Cheers,

BA

• BIG D
    BIG D

when i look at my kids, and i think of how we all live and die, and the cycle repeats, yes i believe in god, but i think we are an experiment, like so many others in other solar systems, like in my thread, experiment# 45

big d

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks Gopher for your honest reply. I may not agree with you but at least you are honest. You just dont believe, better than hating though.

abr

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Many that think they have left the JWs have only stopped attending meetings, but their mindset is identical to what it was when they were in.
  • Gopher
    Gopher

Thanks ABR for understanding!

My scenario is different than what Brother Apostate presented above. I don't see everything as black-and-white. I almost immediately abandoned that approach after separating from the JW's.

As an atheist, I try to go by what's provable. In other words, I don't go by faith. The world has many disciplines, including science, where they have been able to prove things or formulate reasonable theories (gravity, relativity, and even evolution). So if it's provable or the weight of evidence is conclusively in favor of something, then I will likely incorporate that into my thinking.

I view belief in the unseen as superstitious, for me personally. But that is not to say I deride others for having their faith. My sister to whom I am very close is Christian, as are many of my friends in real life and on this board. I don't cast any aspersions on them for having a faith / belief system that I don't happen to share, because we are friends on so many other levels.

• eclipse
    eclipse

ABR,

Some have been through much trauma. When they called on God to help them, to rescue them, to provide a way out of the horrendous abuse, when they have supplicated him with sincere faith,with whole-hearted belief that he will help and will save, and god is not there, where does that leave that person?

Bereft, Alone, Abandoned to the human torturer's.

Not that god put this abuse on this person.

But god was no where to be found when they needed him most. Why?

Children have the most purest hearts, with no ulterior motives, correct?

He does not answer them either. Why?

The bible is no comfort when you are being abused and tortured. Yes, it's at the hands of humans, not god, that is understood.

But if god cared, would he not do something? send someone to rescue that child?

That is just one example of why people lose their faith. It is not my personal story.

Mine is purely logistics and evidence that the bible is not god's word.

Have I listened and opened my heart? yes.

Did anyone answer? No. Like I said, I am open to possibilty that I am not special enough to be talked to by god.

So, why is it that you feel the need to defend a god who is there for you but is not there for others?

Maybe he picks and chooses his favourites to bestow his presense on. If you are one of the lucky ones, then good for you!

If God spoke up to at least a crowd of people that can verify they are not insane and just hearing voices, of course I would listen.

Why doesn't he do that?

Every word above is written with respect and sadness not bitterness or anger.

• BIG D
    BIG D

i dont hate anyone, i am dissapointed in god, i believe he gave me the ability to rationalize and i do, i rationalize that i am disapointed , i think he is much like us, he made mistakes

big d

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    What has God ever done to you personally?

God hasn't done anything to or for me. He/She/It doesn't exist, therefore I cannot hate or love He/She/It(s) non-existance!

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit