What's the big deal with Jesus' "sacrifice"?

by bluesapphire 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Ahhhhhh, where to begin?????

As Jesus said to Peter, Matt 16:23 23 Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Get away from me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”

Goddabbit, there goes that Satan guy again! Everytime humans use their brains it's Satan's fault!

Hebrews 10:29-31 29 Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us. 30 For we know the one who said,

I don't know about anyone else but I surely did not trample on no son of god! Fercryinoutloud! I wasn't even born! And I never even met the Holy Spirit.

I will take revenge.
    I will pay them back.” [h]

He also said,

“The L ord will judge his own people.” [i]

Pay me back for what? I didn't eat that stupid fruit! I really didn't.

31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Actually, if there is a living god, I sure wish he'd hold out his hand to me cuz I would love to meet him face to face.

This is a serious thing to consider it as nothing. It may make us look great on the forum with a derogatory thread.

LOL ... I don't even know what to say to this comment. Do you actually think I am going to risk my life (assuming I believe in all this) to pander to this community? What I type is what I feel/believe. No apologies.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I see Xtians here and there do thay say they have the truth too?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Maybe as the Gatorade commerical says

"Everyone wants to be like Mike"

2 Coe 11:13,14 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

Mimmiacing(?) God is nothing new!

abr

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    What I type is what I feel/believe. No apologies.

DIDO.

abr

• 5go
    5go
    It took Jesus three days to respawn! Now that is a lot of lag.

Still faster than my connection.

• 5go
    5go

BTW when did the rest of creation eat from that tree they seem to die as well.

• vitty
    vitty

" I want mercy , NOT sacrifice"

"Sacrificing their children did not come into his heart" or what not. Cant remember which scriptures, cant be bothered to look them up.!!!

Considering these scriptures and then in Genesis 3 he is already deciding to sacrifice his son...............a bit of a conflict I think

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    Maybe as the Gatorade commerical says
    "Everyone wants to be like Mike"
    2 Coe 11:13,14 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
    Mimmiacing(?) God is nothing new!

Last I checked "everyone" wasn't involved LOL. And how can I be a "false apostle" or a "deceitful workman" or "masquerading" when I am not claiming to have anything to do with Christ? And there goes that bad-ass Satan again. I hope Christian churches get what their actions deserve!

The verb is "mimic" which means impersonate. May I suggest you put down yer bible and pick up yer dictionary! Cuz last I checked no one on this board was impersonating god.

• seven006
    seven006

“Jesus. Apply directly to the forehead" “Buddha. Apply directly to the forehead" “Allah. Apply directly to the forehead"

No matter how many times you say it or how many times you apply it to your forehead. It’s still just a stick of wax with 1 part ingredient to 1,000,000,000,000 parts of hype.

The latest major medical swindle being offered the American public is a raucously-cracked-up product we’ve now been introduced to through a massive TV advertising campaign. It’s named, “Head On,” a small waxy stick that one rubs directly on the forehead to relieve headaches. It sells for $8. Looking into it, I found it was – great surprise! – a homeopathic “remedy.” Each .2-ounce (<6 grams!) stick contains a “12X” concentration (?) of White Bryony – a type of vine – as one of the two active ingredients. That means that the whole damn stick contains 1 part of ingredient in 1,000,000,000,000 parts of wax, or a stick contains .000,000,000,005,67 grams of "ingredient!" Since there are some 100 applications in a stick, divide that quantity by 100… An additional ingredient is potassium dichromate (K2Cr2O7) at a dilution of one part to a million parts of wax. Though this chemical is intensely red-orange in color, and is used as a disinfectant and as a stain for furniture, the 1:1,000,000 dilution makes the Head On product quite colorless – as well as without ingredients.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HeadOn

Dave

• RSMHobbit
    RSMHobbit

Yes bluesapphire, lets look at this...

I'll tell you what, why don't we do this? We'll take you and strip you naked, tie you to a pole and then get a scorge out, I will have someone cut your back into ribbons as you bleed to death. Then after that we'll have you walk down the streerts of your hometown while people spit at you carrying a hundred pound cross on you back while being beaten. Then after that happens, we'll have the guy that beat you drive nails through your ankles and wrists and then pull you upward. After this is done allow all sorts of beasts to rip apart your groin and legs as well as eyse and face while allowing you to slowly starve to death over the next three to five days.

When you go through that, then come back to me and tell me it is no big deal.

Until then stop making statements on things you know very little about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit