What's the big deal with Jesus' "sacrifice"?

by bluesapphire 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    A perfect Spirit creature so loved the world, as did His Father, that He came to earth, commited no sin, yet was beaten, scourged, mocked, spit upon, tortured, finally being executed in a very tortuous manner, all to redeem fallen mankind. Did He have to do it? No.

And this "creature" was the only creature to ever commit no sin yet be beaten, scourged, mocked, spit upon and tortured, right? No other creature has ever suffered as much as or MORE THAN Jesus -- especially not knowing ahead of time that they would get another life afterward?

Yet He did, because He and His Father love us. And because of His doing so, we now can look forward to something more than our puny, sinful, fleshly, few, years of life, having the opportunity to live forever!

His father loved us so he thought of a way to show us: "I know, I'll send my only son and have him tortured to death to show how much I love them." Yeah, God, that was a really great way to show us you love us. You couldn't think of anything better? Like for instance, end hunger and suffering, end disease, end pain in childbirth? Sheesh, God, you don't have many brains up there do ya?

Oh yeah, he wanted humans to live forever but all humans lost that chance because of a couple of dim-wits who ate a fruit a dim-wit god said they couldn't.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

Why do people only respond when they dissagree?

Why do people ignore the positive and similar and expound the negative and different?

Wouldn't the good like to experience the same fame and notoriety as the bad?

Why does it have to be the be all and end all of ideology?

Jesus never spoke of exclusivity or intolerance , just love and truth. .Forcefull expression of belief rather that the actual actions of belief are just self righteous vacuous performances that impress noone and turn many away

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

As Jesus said to Peter, Matt 16:23 23 Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Get away from me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”

Hebrews 10:29-31 29 Just think how much worse the punishment will be for those who have trampled on the Son of God, and have treated the blood of the covenant, which made us holy, as if it were common and unholy, and have insulted and disdained the Holy Spirit who brings God’s mercy to us. 30 For we know the one who said,

“I will take revenge.
    I will pay them back.” [h]

He also said,

“The L ord will judge his own people.” [i]

31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

This is a serious thing to consider it as nothing. It may make us look great on the forum with a derogatory thread.

abr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It took Jesus three days to respawn! Now that is a lot of lag.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

As some one already said "Love Jesus or he will f&*?g kill you!!"

Btw thanks for the warning.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    As some one already said "Love Jesus or he will f&*?g kill you!!"

Do you set rules for yourself, family members, or anyone else that you may in charge of?

Do you follow others rules whether gov't, family members such as father or mother, wife, mate, girlfriend/boyfriend, workplace?

So you and every other person can set or establish rules but not God, who created everything!

The stakes are much higher than what we can set!!!

Please explain.

Respectfully,abr

• avishai
    avishai

I agree, here's a similar thread I posted

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/66470/1.ashx

May offend some Xtians

• Liberty
    Liberty

You make a great point bluesapphire. The myth of Christ's death is purposely constructed to hit us on an emotional rather than a rational level. Religion is mostly about emotion and when logic and reason are applied these "great" events evaporate into mere folklore.

An omnipotent God would ultimately control what sacrifices He would demand so how could Jesus die for "our" sins since God contrived the entire situation to begin with? God defined the "sin". baited the trap, lured in the victims using deception, lied about the punishments, then waits thousands of years to offer a redemption by some sadistic blood ritual of Himself or His son and then promises a "great reform" which we are still waiting on 2000+ years later. The entire scheme makes no sense but it makes us cry and feel bad so it must be true.

Remove the guilt and emotion from Christianity and it crumbles. The Bible read without it's complex apologetics simply makes no sense.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I have to say that as a (read ) NON-CHRISTIAN I have no trouble getting the gist of the story of Jesus.

I am not atheist or anything "ist" I am human being , having learned to see things as they are without seeing them as I wish them to be ,I can say the story of Jesus is plain and simple a lesson for the self.

The bible is the story of what takes place inside each of us , not a story about what takes place in the world at large. That is a very simplistic point of view , this taking the old documents literally.

The truth of this world is apparent the moment we stop forcing our opinion on it and JUST SEE IT AS IT IS without telling ourselves a story about it.

All the debate over ancient books will not bring you one shred of certainty or knowledge, just get you more and more opinionated and blinded to the reality of being what we are .

If you convince yourself that a book you read could contain the profound and wonderful truth of our existence then I feel nothing but sorrow for you and your empty experience in this life.

The glory of our creators will is present in all things at all times and is not held in a book.

It is never more available than it is right now , most just look away from the obvious truth because it is far to simple and silent . it doesn't make any noise, it doesn't proclaim it's validity.

Only fear , self delusion , conciet and deciet need to defend and rationalize.

The truth says nothing .it is just the truth.

• avishai
    avishai

how many similar stories of gods crucified and risen from the dead, etc., born of a virgin mom, blah, blah, blah..

Predate those of Jesus? Any Xtians want to answer that one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit