How do the JW's justify selling old Kindom Halls to Christendom?

by oppgirl63 17 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

It's basically a business contract for them. That's it. They treat it like they would the purchase of any other type of building.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

NOW-buying a synagogue or church and making it into a Kingdom Hall. That should be
    considered (by their own placing of fears into members) moving into a "lurking place of
    demons." That's where the dollars override the fear factor.

In A town called Sea Point in Cape town South Africa there is a KH that use to be a synagogue. My FL gave a talk there about 10 years ago and hubby and I went with. At the time I thought it was strange, my FL said that they had no choice cause ther is no land available in Sea Point to built a KH.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

And on the OTHER side of the issue, a local pastor and his wife bought an old KH for their church. I warned THEM that THEY should pray to God for protection and told them that I would help. The Pastor's wife was very haughty (gee-reminded me of JWs) and told me they didn't need my help.

They had nothing but trouble with the building and eventually leased it to another church. Some say the JWs evil spirits ruined the deal. Others say that the pastor would "bring 'em in" and the pastor's wife would "run 'em off." Who knows.

I actually attended services at both churches. It felt really weird to go to a REAL church in that old building. When they leased to the second church, a very loving man was pastoring there and gave a message about coming full circle to our first faith. I had to laugh since I was worshipping in the same building where I used to sit like a wooden indian and sing funeral dirges with a bunch of judgemental old sticks.

Actually partaking of the bread and wine at communion was very meaningful for me there. Ah the irony..

Just my take on things...

sacrebleu

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

This has been mentioned already, but I thought I would add that it never made sense to me that:

1) It's okay for a congregation of JWs to sell a Kingdom Hall to another church.

2) It's not okay for an individual JW to sell services to a church.

A JW can get in serious trouble for fixing the roof on a church, for example.

The WTS refuses to discriminate based on religion when it comes to selling its buildings, since it doesn't want to get hauled into court. However, it expects its members to discriminate based on religion when deciding who should be a customer. If individual Witnesses get taken to court for religious discrimination, the WTS couldn't care less. It's not going to hurt their bottom line.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Last week when I went to get some of my belongings in the town I lived in with my husband I drove past the Kingdom Hall. I knew it was being sold.

I had to laugh when I saw that The American Red Cross had a big sign in front.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I was in my last hall for 10 yrs or so and they just sold it and built a new one down the street.

The building was 30 yrs old and had a ton of problems. You could see rats walking in the overhead lights!

But it was on a desireable street and it sold to a church.

They made enough to nearly pay cash for the new building. Maybe between that and the problems they passed on, they didn't care who bought it.

momz

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If its the wactowers bengamins its cool.

If its your bengamins, that falls under personal sacrafice.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well they are not really doing it. If we look at the antitype -we can clearly see the bible says nothing about selling old KHs to Christendom. In fact some of JAHs Holy Spirit might rub off on the users and they in time can come and worship Jehovah.

However i nthe true TYPE if we renovate old Churches and they become KHs - that is evidence of Babylon's waters drying up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit