Can anyone tell me why this "test" works...this is SO SPOOKY!

by FreedomFrog 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

OMG

It was a red hammer and I kept trying to change it to a pink toolbelt . It was flashing back and forth and I couldn't get it to stay on the one I was trying to choose.

WTF?

• JK666
    JK666

I said green hammer, a two percenter!

JK

• Simon
    Simon

Oh dear, I'm a wierdigan who thought of 'Green Screwdriver'

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

blue saw

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Basically, there is NO subliminal message in the email. The math problems serve no purpose, except to make you think they have a purpose, and to make you think of something TOTALLY unrelated to colors or tools before the question.

The 'subliminal message' has been there for YEARS before you ever read the test. It's just that the hammer is one of the most basic tools, it has a wide variety of uses, and odds are that was probably the very first tool you ever used and so your brain automatically associates "tool" with "hammer". The same way it probably associates "fruit" with "apple" (Select it to see my answer.)

The color one is pretty safe. You'll probably regect white or black because you tend not to think of them as "real" colors, since they don't have a hue. And since Red, Yellow and Blue are the primary colors. (Or Red, Green and Blue for us computer geeks.) There's probably a 1 in 3 chance that you'll choose red.

Also, when listing the primary colors, don't you say: "Red, Yellow and Blue" ? Red comes first.

And isn't the abbreviation for the color model: "RGB"? Red comes first again!

What colors are on the American flag? "Red, white and blue" Not "Blue, white and red" or "White, red and blue". Red comes first.

So by default, when you think of "a color" you'll probably say "red".

That being said... I have no idea why I said blue...

Also I'm pretty sure the percentages are bogus.

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• Purza
    Purza

Well I thought of a "red hammer" and that was after using a calculator to add all those numbers up. I think I thought "hammer" because I wanted to slam my head with one after doing all that math!

Purza

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

There's a lot of "green" going on...I wonder if my green froggy avi is messing some of this up. After reading the links LtCmd posted, it seems to have a lot to do with what we are taught as a primary color and primary things when we were wee little ones. From my understanding of the links, the theory is that these "tests" are rigged with certain numbers and wording that will cause us to think of certain things..such as "red" or "hammer".

At any rate, being that I did think of "red hammer"...I wonder what else in the advertising industry has done to "trick" me into doing things that I would not have done. This is very interesting to me

Oh, and thanks LtCmd for the links. They were interesting.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    The same way it probably associates "fruit" with "apple" (Select it to see my answer.)

Oh, that is so cool...so cool how the brain works. This so makes sense now. Basically a "word" association game.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Blue hammer for me too Lore... W.Once

• ninja
    ninja

orange spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit