Can anyone tell me why this "test" works...this is SO SPOOKY!

by FreedomFrog 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok, can anyone tell me why this works? This is so freakin' cool.

Do the test as it is instructed...don't cheat. I don't normally do these things but this really is crazy.

I hope I can paste it in here without ruining the outcome....(fingers crossed)

___________________________________________________ At the end of this message, you are asked a question.

Answer it immediately. Don't stop and think about it.

Just say the first thing that pops into your mind.

This is a fun "test"... AND kind of spooky at the same time! Give it a try, then e-mail it around (including back to me) and you'll see how many people you know fall into the same percentage as you. Be sure to put in the subject line if you are among the 98% or the 2%. You'll understand what that means after you finish taking the "test."

Now - just follow the instructions as quickly as possible.

You'll be surprised.

How much is:
    15 + 6
    3 + 56 89 + 2

75 + 26 25 + 52 63 + 32 I know! Calculations are hard work, but it's! nearly over..

Come on, one more! ... 123 + 5

red hammer , didn't you?

• watson
    watson

I must be abinormal like oompa...my immediate thought was "red wrench." Help Me!

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

That's interesting. But I thought of a "Blue Hammer" not Red.

I wonder why?

• marmot
    marmot

I guess I'm a freak, I thought of an orange crosscut saw.

• Scully
    Scully

I said purple screwdriver. I guess that means I'm weird.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Now I know for sure I'm not normal. I thought blue screwdriver.

• PEC
    PEC

Green Hammer, it is starting to smell like BS.

Philip

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

watson...at least you got the "red" right....and LtCmd thought of a "hammer"...hmmm.

I actually cheated and skipped a few of the problems and still said "red hammer"...I'm just wondering why I would have even picked that out of all the colors and tools..

All the rest of you who picked totally off the wall stuff...you need psychological help...LOL At least that's what this test is saying..your brains are "abnormal"...heehee

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Green Hammer, it is starting to smell like BS.

I'm wondering that too...like subliminal message in the email. I got this through email and all of the ones that did it (via email) said "red hammer". This might explain why it worked for me and not so much with you guys. I wish I could have done this test here and not email just to test that theory out.

I swear, when I did it, I was trying not to be "tricked" but I still picked red hammer.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Here's an article on it: http://skeptacles.blogspot.com/2005/08/98-red-hammer.html

And if you're not satisfied with that, here's a much more scientific sounding answer: http://thelanguageguy.blogspot.com/2005/04/fun-linguistic-internet-scam.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit