JW killed building a KH in Germany

by GermanXJW 44 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Yesterday, at a construction site where a new KH is to be built,a crane fell down, killed a sister and injured some others severly. Local TV reported that now police has started investigations against the crane operator.

Building a KH in Germany is done by voluntary workers that are not properly insured by the WTS but are dependant on their own insurances.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

GermanJW,

Accidents do happen.

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

ACK!!

That really is a shame. =(

• chasson
    chasson

We have some case of injury not death in building KH or Assembly Hall in France

It would be interesting if you could have a scan of a newspaper's article.

Bye

Charles

• Simon
    Simon

Very sad news - there are lot's of incidents of people being hurt and injured because of (in my opinion) the poor safety.

I am sure deep down in their psyche (or however it's spelt) that they imagine Jehovah would never allow something so bad to happen while they are working on a KH.

• Francois
    Francois

You're probably right Simon.

But the failure of the WTBTS to protect the volunteers with proper insurance is inexcuseable. Privae insurance may take care of the broken bones and such, but if these people are rendered unable to work who's going to take care of them for the rest of their lives? You have any idea what disability insurance payments are like? And how 'bout life insurance for the survivors? Usually that amounts to one year's income.

The society needs to grow some ethics. Perhaps they could borrow some from their friend, Jimmy Swaggart.

FT

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

@chasson
    at the moment I don't have a scanned article
    I have a 15mb real-file of the tv-news and someone typed an article in a German forum.

What help would be a scan to you?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The dead sister is a 27year old. Two men are heavily injured. The bulding is totally damaged.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That is too bad. I just hope those JWs don't utter the words, "At least she died doing the Lord's work." Or something equally as tacky.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Feel free to email [email protected] this person would like to hear from you. This person thinks it is funny to send out hate mail.

• Kent
    Kent
    "At least she died doing the Lord's work."

Naah. I guess it's called Jehovah's blessing....

Yachyd Da

Kent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit