When did you STOP considering yourself a JW ? ? ? ?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Any particular event sparked this change of heart ?

• 4digitcode
    4digitcode

the day i got disfellowshipped, someone called me at home and told me ' iwas so shocked when they said laetitia is no longer a jehovah's witness'

i was shocked cause this was the first time i heard what was actually said in those cases. that's when i knew i belonged to an organization because how could they tell me i didn't belong to my god anymore. i knew i would never go back.

• oompa
    oompa

When I finally found out for sure we REALLY DO have our OWN BIBLE! That WhyBelieveThisShit has inserted the name Jehovah 237 in the New Testament of the NWT without ANY supporting evidence...which I asked for from the Society in writing twice. They claim to have only "indirect evidence" but would not even share that. How many dubs have the famous "J Versions" in their home or KH library??? These spurious copies are not even on the WT CD, nor have ever been published by them. ANY religion that makes major changes to a famous work like the Bible and does not clearly explain this to all before they dunk you, is a sham.........oompa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I stopped considering myself a JW when I saw the Fifth Estate program about child abuse in the cult.

W

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

1983 when the flashing light went from it was ok to carry a gun and be a law enforcement officer, to it was not ok to carry a gun and be a law enforcement officer.

That was it for me.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I never did as far back as I can remember. I just had to get out of my parent's house before I made it official. Very soon I will let my JW mom know that I got baptised just to shut her, the elders and the rest of the family up. She still has the deluded idea that deep inside I am still a JW and will come back when "the sytem" gets worse. She will probably end up on psych meds when she hears that. But that is not my problem, it will be hers and hers alone to deal with.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The day I decided I didn't belong there in one unplanned moment of clarity. (Might I add, the moment was during a Sunday congregation Watchtower study.)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I had faded for several years, never really believed it all, but still considered myself a witness.

It was the second year I had missed the memorial. I had took the dogs for a walk that evening. It was a beautiful nite, crisp outside, clear sky, the moon was full and bright. I looked up at the moon and just knew, my JW past left me at that moment. It was a wonderful feeling.

BB

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't think I ever really did. I was raised in it but just couldn't take that dip, besides I hated field service (hardly ever went) and would not comment at the book study or the watchtower study...not good jw material. A lightbulb came on years ago when my mother made a comment that I shouldn't have a problem with the society since I was never a jw...

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

The day a visiting elder (probably a circuit servant or whatever) told me "YOU ARE NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS!" because I hadn't been out in service in 6 months.

He didn't ask after my health, finances, marriage, children or ANYTHING. Just told me I was no jehovah's witness.

At first I was devastated but then I realized that if you had to be that hateful, judgmental and just generally awful maybe I really WASN'T!

sacrebleu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit