When did you STOP considering yourself a JW ? ? ? ?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

just before my doubts became true

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sometime towards the end of 2000, I had many doubts about the religion and its teachings which could no longer be ignored. I did research and I searched the web. Most of what I found out confirmed what I had already suspected.

While I felt relieved that my suspicions were confirmed, I was very angry that I was deceived and wasted precious years of my life. I would never have joined this religion if I knew about its past and its scandals.

I silently told myself that I could no longer consider myself a JW and could not in good conscience go telling these things to the public.

LHG

• solidergirl
    solidergirl

So many things led up to it. 1.) I got tire of throwing away my rated R movies. They were mine and I'm over 18. 2.) When I was dating a brother that was perfect according to JW standards and everybody kept getting in our business. 3.) When I saw the way my aunt treated my cousin who was disfellowship. 4.) When I saw how happy my cousins were that never got baptized and how normal there lives were. 5.) I notice that I started spending more time with my "wordly family" after I stop going out in field service. 6.) When I didn't feel bad for missing the meetings to go to night school. 7.) I don't feel bad for my decison to go into the military.What made everything final was when I was sitting at a table with my co-worker and told her that i was no longer one of JW and i wasn't even Df.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I think the last straw was when I realized that letting my wife die, she's in need of a kidney transplant, was not an option that I was willing to live with anymore.

Don't get me wrong, many things have added up over the years, including that it smelled like bull@#$t from the beginning, but this was what finally did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit