Why is religion such a mass of confusion?

by evergreen 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

If by "religion" you mean Christianity, I don't think it is as divided as it appears. Generally speaking there are three forms of Christianity, Catholicism, Orthodox and Protestantism. Because of its very nature, the biggest divisions lie within protestantism, which is the smallest part of Christianity.

• poppers
    poppers

Perhaps you are ready to go beyond what religions have to offer, beyond spoon fed ideas from old books and "spiritual authorities" that keep you working toward some future when fulfillment will be found, hopefully. Instead, look to see what's here right now, what's true and present and needing nothing from the mind to sustain itself. What you seek from religion you already have if you just take the time to look. No ideas, no faith, no promised future can substitute for what you are in reality. It is here now, just waiting to be seen, just waiting to be realized. Find out what you are and you will lack for nothing to find wholeness and peace.

• Aleman
    Aleman

If this is your argument poppers, then why do you have an image of Vishnu god of life and death from India? I find your comment very confusing.

-Aleman

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If this is your argument poppers, then why do you have an image of Vishnu god of life and death from India? I find your comment very confusing.

-Aleman

Why do you have an image of a symbol of material wealth, a red sports car, oh great spiritual one, Aleman?

I find your judgmentalism very disconcerting.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think Nvr's avatar is just chasing his tail.

(How ya doin' Nvr?)

Open Mind

• BFD
    BFD

LOL highjack!

I have a picture of Dorian Grey. What's that say about me, Nvr?

BFD

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm doing great, thanks for asking.

You, Om?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I have a picture of Dorian Grey. What's that say about me, Nvr?

Ask Aleman.

• Open mind
    Open mind

My apologies to evergreen for the thoughtless Hi-Jack attempt.

(I'll send ya a PM, Nvr)

Open Mind

• BFD
    BFD
    The JW's all are peaceful, followers of the Bible. They mean no harm even thou they are still sinful humans with human mistakes yet very educated and neutral in the things that are worldly, political, or military.

This is my 5 cents

Back to topic.

I just read this and I'm gonna have to give you change, aleman.

They are no different from the rest of Chistendom. The UN scandal was pretty political. I've read here about ties to RandCam although, honestly I never verified the information.

Follow your heart.

3 cents change.

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit