Denver CO Congregations?

by feenx 30 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

Went to Cherry Creek Cong in the 60's.

Was in prison in the late 60's with an Eddie James, Gary Bumgardener, and Tom Vodopich of Colorado, (Aurora, Lakesomething and Canon City.

Brant

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

nope but I'm living in the DTC now. We should hang out. Snowboarding next week if you're interested. PM me.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have both of my sisters living in the Colorado area still. One in the Denver Area and one in the Colorado Springs Area. When I was in my early twenties I used to spend my summertime in Boulder. I miss it so. I was not made for flatlands.

• Jourles
    Jourles

CHL, were you in the DTC congo? I was in the Greenwood Village side. The best man in my wedding, Josh B.(a biggie sized version of Beavis), was, and I believe still is in the DTC hall. He married a sister from the UK. We both were in the Monument hall too(his folks still are).

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

no. i grew up in cali. im a transplant here

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i lived in bear valley for 2 years, but, never went to the kingdom hall. i lived in lakewood off wadsworth ave.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Big D said:

i lived in bear valley for 2 years, but, never went to the kingdom hall. i lived in lakewood off wadsworth ave.

Me too, well sorta. We looked at apartments in Bear Valley and passed by that kingdumb hell several times but ended further up wadsworth, right across the street from the Sam's Club around the 4800 block south, just north of Columbine HS. When we moved into those apartments Governors Ranch was just starting to be built up and we could have bought a house for what we were paying in rent, Several builders in that addition had really nice starter homes for right at $150k. When we moved out of that apartment 3 years later you couldn't buy anything in that addition for less than $250k. I still kick myself for missing out on that opportunity. That apartment complex was in one of those areas that no city wanted to take responsibility for. One side of wadsworth was Lakewood the other side was Denver. We threw a b-day party for a friend and we got kind of rowdy. When the neighbors called 911 (it was a hell of a party, I made everyone who came do shots with me just to get in the door and there were many, many people who showed up) we had both Denver cops and Lakewood cops respond to the call. The policemen had to hash out who had jurisdiction and I don't remember who actually told us to shut down the party. Same apartment complex when the Broncos won the superbowl, the building across from us third floor balcony collapsed because there were so many people jumping up and down after the win. Oh yeah, the Pines at Marsden lake, that's what it was called. I had my first run in with jw's in Denver when we lived there. My sister had given a gift subscription to the Asleep? magazine to my ward and they called on her to see if she wanted to study or renew the sub. She had opened the door to them and they were deep in their shpeal when I went over to the door. I took the magazine one of the elders (I'm assuming they were elders because of the time of day they were out and the way they were speaking) had given her and threw it at their feet and as I was slamming the door I told them to go count their time on someone else. Good times.

We then moved a couple of miles south, still right off of wadsworth and cross drive, right across the street from that mall whose name I can't remember right now. They had a pretty decent bar in the parking lot of the mall called the Draft. I sure do miss 90 Shilling and Fat Tire beer. We can't get them in Oklahoma because we have some stupid law on the books about not allowing beer over 3.2 % to be shipped cold. It's a pretty stupid law because you can still buy beer in the liquor stores over 3.2 but they can't put it into the cooler and some brewers only ship cold.

When we finally pulled our heads out and bought a home, we moved to Aurora way the hell east about 20 miles from DIA. I would have gone nuts making that commute into the DTC, Greenwood Village and Englewood if they hadn't opened e-470. It was a great house with an awesome layout but there was an opening between the two houses across the street that went all the way to e-470. When the weather was nice enough to open the windows in the master bedroom we got to listen to the traffic whizzing by. Add to that the flyovers from DIA and it was pretty much noisy all the time. It's funny how you can overlook (or underlisten to) ambient noises when you really want to buy a home. Once I owned that house it drove me nuts.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Snicker.

I remember the Sheitz boys. Tracy Scheitz. Remember them?

CG

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

My sister in law and her ex husband used to attend the Greeley congo.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Jourles:

You gotta be kddin me right? I was in Greenwich Village congo for years; before that was in Del mar in Aurora...Cherry Creek...Do we know each other? My best friend was in Bear Creek...

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit