Denver CO Congregations?

by feenx 30 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

Hellllllllllo all :)

So anyone from any Denver congregations? I was in the Bear Valley cong. for most of my JW life. It's always interesting to see who's still and who's out. Growing up, when it was "the truth" (even though I never fully believed that) I would see people that I thought wouldn't make it in the organization. Most of those people are still in it. And everyone like me is out.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Our best friends went there for a few years. $hawn and T0nya $zentmiklosy. They moved down from Silverthorne, CO to that hall, but now live in rural MA. They always said that the Bear Valley hall was a particularly elderly one.

• feenx
    feenx

Oh yeah, I think I remember them. The wife had long blonde hair, yes? and their first child (not sure if they've had any since) was a son, yes? They were nice. Yeah, definitely an elderly cong. :/

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yep, that's them. Shawn always came across as a grumpy fart, but once you knew him well he was a pretty funny guy. They have two boys now.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

South of Denver here. Hi.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

anyone out there have a CO named Les Bailey? he was in the midwest for a tour and then went to CO...I think Loveland area. Heard he went to CA..dont know if he is still in circuit work or not. Heard he had health problems. His wife was sweet too.

One of the very few CO's I had any use for...one of the good guys, IMHO.

Snakes ()

• restrangled
    restrangled

Iv'e got much family in Denver attending or were attending out there, Longmont is one ...Don't want to give out names. There are a lot in and a lot out!

r.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

i passed a KH near Boulder on a recent trip ...right next to the Celestial Seasonings factory I toured...that KH parking lot was buzzing with activity.....oh, no...no cars at all on a Wednesday afternoon.....hmmmm..must not be peak pioneer time anymore..Wednesday use to always be a busy afternoon when I pioneered.........hmmmm...and absolutely no desire to "drop in" either....lol

Snakes ()

• restrangled
    restrangled

Snakes....

I bet you anything you know some of my relatives, Boulder was one of the KH's!!!!!!!!!

r.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

restrangled:

I bet you anything you know some of my relatives, Boulder was one of the KH's!!!!!!!!!

nope..except for that CO that was in loveland area, and another family that from the midwest that was there for awhile, I know nobody in Denver.. what beautiful areas though.... I would love to move there..and had a possible promotion offer out there...but the money was not guaranteed and the cost of living is so damn high. But the eye candy was great and everyone was outdoors if the weather was good.

I spent 5 days in denver for work this year...and 1 day of sightseeing in boulder...I love the tea that is made in that factory..so I had to go....missed the chance to go up in a hot air balloon....and was bummed the KH attempted to spoil the view...I just chuckled at the irony of not seeing a KH the first 5 days I drove around tons of neighborhoods in Denver for work....and then on my sightsseing day see a KH. ..but only for a second......lol

This was about 2 months before I decided not to go to meetings anymore... ah...the sweet smell of the clean air of the mountains...and the sweet smell of freedom.

Snakes ()

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit