USA parts not worth visiting

by greendawn 80 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Well I've never been to Alaska, but I can tell you this: I've been to Lincoln, Nebraska and hell you know it ain't worth sh*t.

(bonus points if you can tell me where that's from without searching the internet)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=btjhdHX8pMo

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    USA parts not worth visiting

Stay away from prisons, scatter throughout the USA, the slums found in most big cities, Washington DC(high crime areas). Don't go to the UN they are getting ready to turn on all religion except the JWs. Also meat packaging plants and slaughter houses strike off your list. Nuclear test sites found in Nevada, and Utah.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hortensia didn't recommend Yosemite but didn't elaborate. I'm guessing she didn't like the crowds. I don't either.

I DO HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, with one caveat. Avoid summertime weekends at all costs. And summerime period, if you can help it. The hordes do greatly diminish the experience, IMO.

Spring, Fall or Winter in Yosemite are all spectacular in their own ways. I've been all over the Western U.S. and there's nothing quite like Yosemite. The sheer granite cliffs and monoliths are truly awe inspiring.

Springtime: Water levels are gushing at their highest.

Fall: Leaves are purdy.

Winter: Snow is scenic. Access to the valley floor is kept open all Winter. All other roads are snowed in.

Open Mind

p.s. I hear Paris, Texas and Paris, Kentucky aren't quite as impressive as their French counterpart.

• dawg
    dawg

There's only two places in Georgia worth seeing... Savannah and Athens, I live in Athens so come say hi!

As for Florida, Mons Venus strip club, the girls are the hottest and they really make you feel welcome-or the keys/SOuth Beach Miami....

MY favorite place in this country are all in the Northeast-Salem Mass... Boston, Mass.. Maine, the whole state, Vermont...hell anywhere in the New England terrioroties sans Bridgeport, Conn

As for the west coast... Skip San Frnsisco and LA, try doing as one lady suggested and drive to northern cal, like Carmel and Monteray. Ski Lake Tahoe, its nice.

As for the South, it's pretty in North Carolinia, Virginia, and Tennessee. Pennsylvania is part of the same mountain range, it's sweet. Come to Athens and we'll drink some real homemade moonshine

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

The slave auction block is in the middle of all the boardwalk in Savannah. It is a part of history ... as I said .. not a pleasant part but still it is what it is.

Some of my pioneer anscestors were scalped by natives. That doesn't make me resent all natives in North America.

It is what it is.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Some of my pioneer anscestors were scalped by natives. That doesn't make me resent all natives in North America.

It is what it is.

My ancestors were slaves. I don't resent any Whites. To reiterate: Is the slave auction block worth or not worth seeing?

Thank you.

Sylvia

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

It was worth seeing for me. I don't take this matter lightly so don't mean to offend anyone.

I am a history buff and study each area I visit. This particular sight was a reminder of a sad past.

It is preserved so we can all take a look and hope in this case that history will not repeat itself.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am a history buff and study each area I visit. This particular sight was a reminder of a sad past.

It is preserved so we can all take a look and hope in this case that history will not repeat itself.

Thank you for replying, Rosalee. No offense taken.

Sylvia

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If you pick one city see Chicago. I may be the Second City but it's a real slice of the US... NYC is just another international metropolis...you could got to Hong Kong or London for traffic and non-stop people if thats what you want to see.

Stay off the beaten path any place you go...this country is too big to see all of. The things in the tour flyers are not 'real' USA... See, meet, and hang out in Middle America get the pulse of the nation...eat breakfast in cowboy diner in a small Oklahoma town.... drink beer in a loggers bar in Michigan. Eat Skyline chili in Cinncinati or BBQ in Memphis or Kansas City.

You can go to Disney if you want to but compared to the rest of this country is just an amusment park. Take in a county fair in Kansas or any of those midwest states... skip the big arena PBR rodeo, find a jackpot roping in Texas instead.

~Hill

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I can think of only one area that is to be avoided. The corridor between Detroit and Chicago. The interstate (80/90) highway is awful and there is SOOO much poverty and pollution I witnessed in 2006. Stifling humidity in the summer from the Great Lakes . Now the lakes are worth a visit, especially a small town we discovered called Superior, Wisconsin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit