USA parts not worth visiting

by greendawn 80 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

For a tourist that intends to visit the USA and engage in travelling around and sightseeing, what places in that country would you advise will be a waste of time to visit?

• BrentR
    BrentR

The entire mid-west. Unless you enjoy seeing a gazillion square miles of flat fields.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

brentR:

The entire mid-west. Unless you enjoy seeing a gazillion square miles of flat fields.

hey, hey hey.... I think it depends on what part of the Midwest... there are some beautiful forests in southern illinois...bluffs along the Great River Road...the Ozarks in Missouri and the entire bootheel area of Missouri...both considered part of the Midwest... Arkansas is beautiful (is that considered South or Midwest?) once you get out of the river valleys and the southern parts of Illinois and Missouri...and go north....(central/northern illinois...most of iowa)....east (Indiana)...or west (kansas)...well then yeah.....you are right.... did you know someone once got a grant to study the geography of Kansas..to see which was flatter.... Kansas...or a pancake? http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/jul/27/holy_hotcakes_study/ Snakes ()

• marmot
    marmot

The U.S. is a pretty big country, maybe you should rephrase that to say "What places are WORTH visiting?"

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Don't plan on going to Bald Knob, AR or Piggot, AR or Knob Lick, MO

Hope that helps!!

purps

• Gopher
    Gopher

Before this turns into a regional bashing thread, I'll offer this ...

I've visited all 48 contiguous states (those except Alaska and Hawaii), and find that each state has parts of scenic beauty and other parts you can't wait to get through.

So what you would be best to see depends on your interests -- do you want to see historical places? Go to the Northeastern states and start with Boston. Do you want to see ocean? There's a lot of states with magnificent ocean views. Do you want to see mountains? Go to Colorado or see the eastern mountains between Tennessee and Pennsylvania. Do you want exciting museums? Go to Chicago or New York. Do you want lakes and forests? Come to the Midwest. Do you want to see a lot of apostates? Go to Dallas.

• Mum
    Mum

I can't recommend Florida except, perhaps, the keys.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do visit New York, DC, Chicago, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Death Valley, Yosemite, Zions National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Grand Tetons, The Rockies, The Outer Banks, Florida Keys; Tenessee and Kentucky Whiskey tour; Seattle; New England especially in the fall; The Four Corners and then into the Land of Enchantment (most places in New Mexico; Anywhere in Alaska; Anywhere in Hawaii ; Kansas City Missouri; Ozarks Missouri; Minnesota - Mall of America etc; Los Angeles; San Francisco

Dont visit - Kansas, Iowa

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Gopher wrote: ... each state has parts of scenic beauty and other parts you can't wait to get through.

So what you would be best to see depends on your interests -- do you want to see historical places? Go to the Northeastern states and start with Boston. Do you want to see ocean? There's a lot of states with magnificent ocean views. Do you want to see mountains? Go to Colorado or see the eastern mountains between Tennessee and Pennsylvania. Do you want exciting museums? Go to Chicago or New York. Do you want lakes and forests? Come to the Midwest. Do you want to see a lot of apostates? Go to Dallas.

I was trying to say the same thing but Gopher did it better. I would add: What activities and what time of year are you considering?? That can make all the difference in whether you find the destination to be 'worth it' or not.

California has alot of everything.

Rarely does someone come to the states and not enjoy it. There's something for everyone here.

-Aude.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

hey, that's my home newspaper!! we call it the Lawrence Urinal-World when we're not happy with the news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit