USA parts not worth visiting

by greendawn 80 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

America has it all - mountains, beaches, museums, battlegrounds, forests, deserts, rivers, oceans, lakes, streams, wildlife, cold, hot.... the question is far too broad.

But if I could suggest one place to visit - and I have been all over this great country - make the circle tour around Olympic Pennisula, in Washington State. Some of the most beautiful scenery in this land - and there is alot of it believe me.

Jeff

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Vanderbilt Estate in Ashboro, North Carolina is awesome, but I know you have all those castles over there. The Smokey Mountains are nice too.

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

Charleston SC ... maintained Plantations.

Savannah .. Georgia ... the waterfront restaurants

... the preserved slave auction blocks .. sad part of history but true.

Cape Cod, Plymouth and Boston for unbelievable beauty and history.

Sorry ... I meant this to be places worth visiting.

• ramtrucker
    ramtrucker

I live in Washington State, and can recommend the Olympic Peninsula as have others. Of interest there is Clallam Bay, Port Angeles, and Sequim. Lake Crescent between Port Angeles and Forks is remarkable as well. Taking Highway 101 south, I'd recommend seeing ALL of the Washington Coast, as well as All of the Oregon Coastline. (Not just the southern part of Oregon's coastline) The North Cascades of Washington have much to offer. The Palouse Country of Eastern Washington is beautiful in Spring, Summer and Fall. Each season has it's own brand of beauty. Eastern Oregon has some beautiful areas as well. A drive down Highway 97 through Central Oregon to the California border is very scenic with views of many of the volcanic mountains of the Cascade Range. As far as the Midwest goes, yes there are flat areas...but there are also many little surprises. The North Dakota Badlands are a must see. Driving across North Dakota in the spring and early summer can be rewarding. There are thousands of small lakes in those rolling, "flat lands". Wisconsin has vistas for the traveler also...with green farms and dairys spotted across the land, it's an interesting drive. Upstate New York where Bethel is located is beautiful. One doesn't need to visit Bethel. LOL Missouri, especially in the Southwest Corner has Branson to visit, and Table Rock Lake as someone recommended. Coming back west from Missouri through to Colorado can be boring in some areas, but then there are the Rockies that will take your mind off boring. I must have slept through Utah on the couple of trips through there, but can recommend you visit Salt Lake City and it's Mormon Temple...Not that I recommend the Mormons...but it is awesome to see. Like some have said, it all depends on what you like to do. But I can guarantee you there is beauty to be seen, even in those Midwestern States.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Vanderbilt Estate in Ashboro

It's actually in Asheville, unless they moved it recently... :o)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Savanah Georgia is also wellworth a visit

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wouldn't "USA parts worth visiting" be more helpful and less offensive?

• snowbird
    snowbird

... the preserved slave auction blocks .. sad part of history but true.

Worth or not worth visiting?

Sylvia

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Well I've never been to Alaska, but I can tell you this: I've been to Lincoln, Nebraska and hell you know it ain't worth sh*t.

(bonus points if you can tell me where that's from without searching the internet)

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well you would not want to visit Redding California, they are communist here !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit