Why are we telling Iran they can't have nukes?

by mavie 131 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Intelligent, informed criticism of israel's human rights record is attacked in full force at all levels. To illustrate this, is the following. Norman finkelstein wrote a book refuting the human rights claims made for israel in the book, 'the case for israel'. The case for israel was written by alan Dershowitz. Dershowitz, a high powered lawyer, university professor, and friend to those in high places went all out to stop the publishing of finkelstein's book. He wrote threatening letters to the publishers, and even attempted to enlist the aid of california governor, the terminator, schwartzennegar. You can hear finkelstein describe this brutal attempt at suppression here http://progressivepodcast.info/podpress_trac/play/8/0/Beyond_Chutzpah_64kb.mp3 The name of finkelstein's book is 'beyond schutzpah, on the misuse of anti-semitism and the abuse of history'. For more details, see http://dublinopinion.com/2007/10/18/the-unvarnished-truth/

S

• Gregor
    Gregor

Israel has never shown any soveriegn desire to take any more territory from anyone. There are extreme political factions in Israel that have assassinated their own leaders because of this policy. Even Israels so-called hard liners have not wanted to aquire more real estate. After being attacked from 3 sides in 1967 they took the Golan Hts.from Syria, the Gaza strip from Egypt and the West bank from Jordan. By rights of spoil they could have kept this territory forever but they have been giving it back in efforts to negotiate a diplomatic, peaceful resolve to the regions problems and hopefully stop the suicide murders of their people. Yes, they have nukes. And they will use them to deter their own annihilation just as anyone would in the same situation.

I honestly believe that the anti Israel people who post here are infected with anti-semetism on some level, whether they will admit it or not.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

As I keep saying "If the Arabs stopped fighting tomorrow there would be peace: If Israel stopped fighting tomorrow there would be genocide"

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I honestly believe that the anti Israel people who post here are infected with anti-semetism on some level, whether they will admit it or not.

Care to elaborate? That's quite a judgment to make, isn't it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gregor

'I honestly believe that the anti Israel people who post here are infected with anti-semetism on some level, whether they will admit it or not.'

What about the jews who oppose israeli policies?

S

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Theres that anti-semitism card Ive been waiting for. It only took 6 pages too.

• seawolf
    seawolf

I'm surprised it took six pages. I never thought it would go the distance.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Yeah, I've got to chime in as well.

This is what is expected on any thread on the www regarding Israel.

The "Anti-Semitic" card has been played.

Lovely.

Question: What is a "Semite"?

Question: Are all genetic "Israelites" "Zionists"?

Question: What is a "Jew"?

Question: Are Ashkenazis "Israeli?

Question: Are Sephardics "Israeli"?

BA- History buff.

P.S.- Question your premises.

• Gregor
    Gregor

If the shoe fits....

The thread topic was quickly hijacked by the anti Israel faction. So it only took 6 pages to point out some people can't seem to discuss anything about world affairs without knee jerk anti American and anti Israel rants.

Blue Sapphire, your response saying you see no difference between Iran or Israel having nukes is just jaw dropping stupid.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Haven't actually sifted through all of this, but why must we be Israel's keeper? Why haven't we gotten up in the face of the British over Ireland in the last hundred years? Or any other of a number of situations. And since when does cowboy aggression help diplomacy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit