I got that dreaded call....

by loosie 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

(((( my condolences ))))

Skully, you said:

I really hope that the JWs don't glom on to his example and use him as the poster child for What Happens When You Leave The Truthâ„¢.

There is a video on YouTube where James Penton speaks of something that is right along the lines of this. He points out that some of the problem stems from how JW kids are instructed in "rights and wrongs". They are told that something is wrong, but are not given instruction as to why it is wrong. This can lead to a JW kid having no internal value system. If they ever leave the group they either 'implode or explode' because they have no real guide to morals other than doing what they are told. As soon as authority is no longer over them to make them act a certain way(Elders, parents, ects) they can loose control.

The ironic part is when they leave and do bad things the group (JWs) then blames their bad behavior on their act of leaving, rather than on the poor moral instruction they received from the group itself.

While this isn't true in every single case, I have seen it many times and can say that it is at least a common thing to happen.

• loosie
    loosie

No I don't think religion played a part dawg. he hasn't been to a meeting since 1974. He was pretty good about letting things go. Even though mom was an alcoholic and beat him.

The weird thing is he was my succesfful brother. he always had his own busniess and a normal life. Whereas my other brother. doesn't have a a stable life and no one knows where to contact him. If anyone was going to do something crazy it would have been my other brother not this one.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Loosie I am so sad to hear of your loss, my condolences to you and your family. The loss of your brother is tragedy enough but its almost impossible to figure out what made a person tick and why they chose one path over another after they are gone. Sometimes we never will know. I think your brother is in peace now, whatever happened before.

Blessings,

Sherry

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm so sorry. This is so devastating to a family. You are in our hearts, and the rest of your family also.

Shelly

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I am so sorry to hear this Loosie. I was there was something I could say to make the pain go away.

hugs,

Annie

• 38 Years
    38 Years

I'm so sorry.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sorry for your loss Loosie

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Sorry for your loss.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Tragic Loss. My condolences and thoughts toward you and yours at this time.

Jeff

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Just horrible. Sorry loosie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit